• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really bad news and better good news

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
:The bad news
Looks like we lost a dedicated cruncher for awhile

It all started last week when puffy's Computer crashed you can read about it in gripes and moans you might have to dig a little to find it cause its kinda an old thread.

Whell ive talked with him and it seems like everythings fried. :(
it may be 6 months to a year for him to get a new one.

poor old 466 celey

The good news
I don't know if you guys know this but i crunch for him and im getting a new rig in the next couple of days check sig.
and also be watchin for a 200 wu dump in the next week with his name on it
:D :D Next time i'll have double that:burn:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info update and thanks also for contrinbuting to SETI with us. :D

Cy

Great that your getting a new cruncher. I hope JigPu recovers fast. Was it like a huge surge or something that fried everything? Darn that stinks, tell him I said hi and we'll be here waiting when he comes back.

:)http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=854413#post854413
There is the page

Oh Im sure puffy will try anything to read his oc forums

according to what ive heard i think its just the power supply or the mother board or everythings shot

all i know is that his computer locks up before the bios gets to detect any drives and sometimes before the ram test is finished and worse of all it locks up before he can enter the bios settings
and he's reset his bios several times with no difference in the end results

He'll be back from canada in a couple of days then i can get an update from him

a couple of his friends and my freinds have pitched in computer parts to get him runnin again

so far he's got an amd k62 mobo a graphics card sound card cdrom floppy powersupply case mouse keyboard ram, all he needs is a processor and a hard drive :beer: :clap: And he dosen't even know he has this stuff yet

Im going to bring it all over when he gets back

its amazing to see a group of people pitch in and help someone out thats in need

Last edited:
i could probably round up a k6-2 500 if you need, i would just ask for shipping cost or so

Demont said:
i could probably round up a k6-2 500 if you need, i would just ask for shipping cost or so

umm it hasen't been confirmed that any of theese parts actuall still work cause they've been sittin in peoples closets for years

espically the mobo, i was told that it came from a computer with a shot power supply.

I don't know, i'll think about it since im kinda in charge of the parts gathering effort.

i'll pm you after i get to talk to him about it.

it's really nice to see how supportive this team really is;) ^-^
^-^ ^-^ ^-^

I submitted an estimate today to rebuild a Compaq 5000T... If she accepts, and I feel she will, I will have a PS, case, Celly 633, and mobo equiped modem & vid & sound...

More or less a freebie...

This will need drives (HD, CD & Floppy) as well as RAM to be complete... i know it's a crappy Compaq, but I thought I'd offer...

:D

well, i don't have any parts to contribute to the cause, but i am impressed by those members who offer to help another team member out in this way, and for free on top of that.

my hat is off to you.

Morpheus said:
I submitted an estimate today to rebuild a Compaq 5000T... If she accepts, and I feel she will, I will have a PS, case, Celly 633, and mobo equiped modem & vid & sound...

More or less a freebie...

This will need drives (HD, CD & Floppy) as well as RAM to be complete... i know it's a crappy Compaq, but I thought I'd offer...

:D
if Morpheus' plan works well, i could throw in a CD ROM & a stick of PC133 128MB memory.

floppy is cheap, 'bout $10 only. and may be we can check out the classified forum to see if there any cheap HD for sale too.

btw, pls tell JigPu, we all r looking forward to see him again!!!

best wishes!!

:eek: Oh my gosh This is amazing to see so many members willing to contribute

with all this stuff being offered he could build his own seti farm

He dosen't even know of your geat acts of giving yet cause he's still not back from that trip. So.. you all want to make it a suprise or should we let him know so that he could give us some feed back as to what he exactly needs so that we don't go overboard on this.

lets have a round of applause for all that are willing to contribute for this great cause:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well so long for now talk to ya tommorrow

Well.. I talked with the Gal and I am goin to work on her crappy Compaq for now... yikes... she will upgrade at some time in the future...

I feel bad for Jigpu... perhaps there is something I can donate to his cause anyway... :( :(

Kris

I have some stuff

I have a MB out of a Dell computer Its a

Intel 810 MB (cant be OC any!! With on baord vidio)
Celly 500
128Mb ram
and the PS (you will need this ps the board will only work with this type of PS)
you could have this for the cost of shipping!!

and maybe a HD but i would need a little for it!

Macc53

it's like his family is gone!!!!

I can't beleive this, nobody has answered the phone in 4 days and i've been to his house twice and nobody was home and further more he is sopposed to be back today.

:eek: Oh my gosh maybe he's trying to find one of those green canadian leaves so he can do the YATTA DANCE!!!

Whatever he's dooin in canada i hope he gets back soon cause even though all you are trying to help out i can't accept any offers without his permission although im sure he woulden't mind having 3 or 4 computers showing up at his doorstep.:D

Let me know what extra parts you need that you can't round up. I might be able to dig up a 3 or 4 gig hd somewhere that i'll ship for free just to help out. I've got two rooms of spare computer "junk". So just let me know, pm me or even better email @ [email protected] .

LuKe! i'm in search a few small hard drives, 2 or more!! i've just ordered 2 new rigs, and need hard drives in order for me to put it up & running. don't wanna spend for a new one just for SETI. if u do have some, PM me please! i would buy from u!!

don't have to be real big! just big enough to install OS (WinXP & SETI w/ some room left for swap drive). guessing 4~5Gig should be good. 2~3Gig is small.

HE LIVES!!!!!

Well, it seems that my trip lasted a little longer than I thought.... And much longer without a computer...:)

I've been gone to Canada (eh? :rolleyes: ) for the past 10 days doing a VBS for some kids way up almost to Alaska. Then, after the trip (and the two days of 12 hour trips), my mom immediatly sends me off to Culture Camp for the next four days. I must admit that it was a load of fun to learn about my Native American heratage, but I really missed computers...

And I just got back today. I totaly forgot to even get on the internet because I had nearly forgotten about it's existance, and yours. But Jeremy called, and directed me down here to see all your charity.

Right now, I've managed to break the copy protection (yes mods, I know... I'm definatly not encouraging, or telling anyone how to) for the HP recovery CD and install it onto my Pentium 90. It is just an in-between computer (hopefully) until I either fix the HP, or get a new computer. I still have to install the modem into the P-90 so that I don't have to bug my sis about using her laptop.

I may be churning out 50 hour WUs in no time! :D

Hopefully, I'll be building a brand new system for my parents (XP 1700, Shuttle AK31a, 256MB DDR, Radeon 8500) soon, so I won't be SETIless for too much longer. I don't know what to say about everything you've been offering me... It's so nice to see what you guys would do for little old me...

I'll see what I need and talk with my parents...
JigPu

Back