• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

REALLY happy with new LGA775 system (MUST READ)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
damnit, i have the same processor, and i cant get it running stable past 3.7, with an industrial fan sitting beside the opened case, and high voltages :cry:

MasterCraft said:
I can't wait to see what bat's and my 3.8's will do

I got mine up to 4.4 gig tonight. I haven't tested for stability yet. it's pretty much maxed out on air.

Does anyone recall there idle/load temps at stock speeds?

Thanks the info would be much appreciated :beer:

I've been dual priming 3.7ghz @ 1.3v for 5 hours now...thats .1v less than stock voltage....WHAT IS UP WITH THIS CHIP?!?!

yay! going around 11 hours now, dual prime stable so far, 3.7ghz @ 1.3v...is it unsafe to run a vcore lower than default? If not, then I'll just keep this, it runs 9c cooler than 3.9ghz @ stock voltage did.

EDIT: i just noticed i posted this at 4:20. How funny :bday:

MasterCraft said:
Jesus, I can't wait to see what bat's and my 3.8's will do
especially if he's hitting close to 4 on air and I'm going phase change
Please start a new thread when you get this all set up. :cool:

I'm gonna hook the Vapo up Sunday, since my modded P4C seems to be delayed. :(

Para said:
Does anyone recall there idle/load temps at stock speeds?

Well, my 3.8 @ 4 gig with one bump in vcore (I know that's not actually default) averages 38 degrees idle CPU temp and 58 degrees load CPU temp.

DamienKC, there is no problem running less than default vcore as long as it's stable. The less the better.

uclajd said:
OK, you got a D0 stepping (second-to-last). If you hit stable 4.0+ on air at stock, you have a great chip.

FYI, these Pressy's will overclock more on more volts, but that is precarious on air, due to the added heat.

Here's a wattage calculator, FWIW:

http://newstuff.orcon.net.nz/wCalc.html

If 4.0 is stable on air at stock volts, on water @1.6v that thing should do 4.2. :beer:

BTW, do you know the sSpec# number for that chip? It's on the box if you bought retail, and it's stamped on the headspreader.

Prescott.jpg

The sSpec# number is in red triangle. If we know the sSpec# number we can get the needed values for the wattage calc.

Good luck,

JD

thanks for posting that link...though i'm not sure how accurate it is since the temp sensors aren't that accurate on any board. The wattage should be ok, but the CW rating i dont think will be. I put 89 for stock power output for my cpu (SL7E4), 3000 for stock speed, 3750 for oced speed, 1.25 for stock voltage, 1.44 for oced voltage, 23C for case, 45 for cpu, and it says my chip puts out 147 watts, and my heatsink is .14 CW. All I know is that its friggen hot, no matter how much power it uses. if i leave the fan off for more than 10 seconds or so it freezes up and reboots.

Good luck with that awesome chip you got DamienKC

Back