• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really poor stability in an i5 750 / p55 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's looking like it's going to be about 204. just waiting for confirmation. using intelburn test. just failed on 206 @ vtt 1.15v. took half an hour to do it though. this was after 208 didn't work and upping the voltage stopped helping. i'm using the updated version of the thread btw, and doing this at 15x rather than 12.

Start with the Basics. It seems you've become confused and lost track of where you are at with this overclock. Reset bios to optimized settings. (Default) Make sure you turn all turbo modes off for memory and cpu. (Increases stability). Run your memory at stock settings to start with when you are trying to increase your clock speed. Make sure in BIOS That you manually set your default ram speeds and make sure they are either running at the default frequency or just below it. Start overclocking your processor first then adjust the memory timings and see if it's stable. Try and find out what voltages others are using for successful overclocks to get a general idea of what kind of voltage you should be using at what clock speed. Good luck!

Start with the Basics. It seems you've become confused and lost track of where you are at with this overclock. Reset bios to optimized settings. (Default) Make sure you turn all turbo modes off for memory and cpu. (Increases stability). Run your memory at stock settings to start with when you are trying to increase your clock speed. Make sure in BIOS That you manually set your default ram speeds and make sure they are either running at the default frequency or just below it. Start overclocking your processor first then adjust the memory timings and see if it's stable. Try and find out what voltages others are using for successful overclocks to get a general idea of what kind of voltage you should be using at what clock speed. Good luck!

Please read the whole thread. HH is starting over using miahallen's guide. He is first determining his max bclk and then RAM speed. Let's not confuse him. It's bad overclocking form to try using someone else's settings for your overclocking.

no point in trying to monkey with the memory. it's at 606mhz now, and my next option is 800 something. this stupid board won't let you set your own ratio, so tomorrow night, i'll get to part three.

thanks!

Please read the whole thread. HH is starting over using miahallen's guide. He is first determining his max bclk and then RAM speed. Let's not confuse him. It's bad overclocking form to try using someone else's settings for your overclocking.

Using anyones guide is bad reference unless you have the exact same build..... Pure basics of any overclock is to not screw around with everything at once then try and figure out what failed... I simply told him to do one thing at a time so if something fails he knows what it is...

Using anyones guide is bad reference unless you have the exact same build..... Pure basics of any overclock is to not screw around with everything at once then try and figure out what failed... I simply told him to do one thing at a time so if something fails he knows what it is...

That is what he and "Brutal-Force" are doing at this time.

no point in trying to monkey with the memory. it's at 606mhz now, and my next option is 800 something. this stupid board won't let you set your own ratio, so tomorrow night, i'll get to part three.

thanks!

NP HHB. I hope you get your 4.0 out of that puppy. :thup:

doesn't seem to be going well. blue screens trying to run 3 cycles of intelburn at 180 x 21. all the way up at 1.4v already on the vcore.

Not the weblink, Do a screenshot of everything.

You can open multiple instances of CPUz. Display the CPU and Memory Tabs.

Also include your Realtemp and P95 on the same screen.

From the looks of your CPUz validation, you are running at almost 3.8, with 1080MHz RAM speed.

I am confused that you say you have 667 ram? You mean you have DDR3 1333?

Your information is all over the place. Please post the Tabs of CPUz and and Temps.

here is 170 x 21, passed at 1.75 vcore. ram is low, but at this speed, 720 mhz is my next option up. i've kept it low while i work on the bclk. 5 passes of intelburn.

313362_10150295228421496_601211495_8290538_822440607_n.jpg

i took this pic on the first pass at 180 x 21, because i was worried i'd crash. vcore has been worked all the way up to 1.4v. failed on 2nd pass.

317764_10150295228491496_601211495_8290540_1268473617_n.jpg

i checked 190 as well, just to make sure it wasn't a hole, and it crashed to blue screen.

Back