• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebuild RAID 10 on Asus P5AD2-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kboogie

I have an Asus P5AD2-E and I created a RAID 10 on the SLI-3114 built into the motherboard using four Western Digital Serial ATA harddrives. One of the drives failed and I got back the replacement drive from WDC. When I added the replacement drive back to my system it did not rebuild. I attempted to add a new "member" to the array using Windows based RAID management utility and it tells me their are no drives available to add to the array. When I attempt to add the drive to the array using the BIOS utility it tells me the replacement drive is "invalid". How do I add my replacement drive to my current RAID 10 array?

I was considering deleting the array and creating a new array using the three existing drives and the replacement drive. Will I loose my data if I delete the array? I have all my data and my XP install on this array and I do not want to loose this data.

I'm not that familiar with rebuilding arrays with the Sil controllers but yes you will lose your data if you delete the array.

The intel ICH6R southbridge is a better RAID controller choice then the Sil 3114 on that motherboard if you do end up rebuilding that array.

Back