• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recommend me a cooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanCouch

saw another thread on this and it got me thinking you guys would now better than me. I have a h440 and a hot 8350 I want to put a 120.3 rad in it but I'd rather buy a kit than part it up myself. I want a thick rad. I don't have any hard drives in the front so I have all the room I could need. I'll buy red tubing cause I'm a bit of a cosmetic freak. but other than that I want it all in a kit, or if someone would be so kind to part me up a kit. I'm in the u.s. so the h320 and 360mm aio's are out of the question. If you've read this far thank you, I hope you can help me.

How did I miss that... Thanks witch I'll just buy replacement tubing and fittings (assuming its all G1/4 thread) and get that one.

the res pump combo will be a chalange in the H440, but I think it is doable

the RASA Kits all use Bay res/pump combos

Whoops, you sir are correct. But there of course is still the Raystorm D5 Photon kit I linked.

Well before you go buying anything, with all do respect Ryan, what prior knowledge or research have you done with water cooling? You haven't stated what stage you're at with this so I can't recommend telling you what to buy till I know you're ready or in that process already. If you are still researching, I would google your case + watercooling etc to get great ideas of placement, H20 parts and kits used to better give you ideas, sketches etc.

I will also add, its not hard to buy it separately since you are able to pick the best pieces for your rig where some kits come with premium and mediocre parts that end up being changed down the road with a result in increased spending.

Thank you jack, lets see if I can address all your points in one post(hopefully).
I have assembled one loop for a friend (he bought all the parts on a friends recommendation but wasn't confident in putting it together), it was a swiftech pump and alphacool rad and ek res and block etc. I assembled it leak tested it and got a stable overclock on it with no issues. I have also done some research into how I would place the parts into my case if I decided to do the gpu and just the cpu(see pictures(s))

I just am not aware of what parts are mediocre, and what you can skimp on. I overbought on my first psu in buying a 600w for a dell and a crap gfx card, simply because I didn't know anything about it. I don't want to make the same mistake again. I simply don't want to buy something that will break or just doesn't make sense(E.x. a massive pump and a garbage block)

So, in the most basic sense I want to know what brands are good what parts I'm missing, and if someone would be so kind a parts list if there is no kit that fits my criteria.

Attachments

• cpu and gpu water cooling.png
    cpu and gpu water cooling.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 109
  • cpu only water cooling.png
    cpu only water cooling.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 113
You want more rad for both VGA and Cpu in my opinion. 120.3 would be not quite enough, 120.2 x2 or add in another 120.1 somewhere. Heck you could even go 80.2 and tuck it out of the way somewhere. Fun cause they are pretty small, but will dissipate that extra OC heat.

sorry I didn't make it really clear but on the gpu cpu setup I have a 120.1 in the back(drawn in but not labeled)

What heat load will you be generating? You have to roughly calculate that and than go with the heat surface. Long story short, a 120.3 should be enough for most CPU + GPU loops. If you want better delta temps, take OCing into consideration, than you would need more heat surface or a higher FPI with higher RPM setup if you can't fit anymore. That would also increase much noise but who would spend that extra cash for more noise in watercooling right? ;)

You could browse around at Frozencpu's site, that's if you're from around the states otherwise shipping and duties might be too much. They have one of the biggest inventories in the globe of all brands for H20.

Back