• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendations on Pump, Fittings and hose, and pm mix or concentrate.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falloutboy

Registered
My system is currently slated for two Aqualis borosilicate glass 880ml reservoirs three full copper 420mm x 60mm rads by OC Cool and an Full copper Intel Heatkiller IV pro so now I am after recommendations for pump, Compression Fittings and hose.

I am currently leaning towards the https://www.overclockers.co.uk/configurator-monsoon-mmrs-d5-pump-and-pump-top-bu-002-mo.html on the basis of looks but was reading something about the pumps not following the Intel pumps specification and it might need modification - a couple of resisters and a diode in order to comply with spec. Is there another pump that any one would recommend in place of this one.

I am looking at 1/2 inch I/D hose and would prefer Swiftech Compression fittings for soft tube unless someone can recommend something better, I was leaning toward the monsoon fittings but a lot of information on the net indicated that they could be very flimsy. So the last thing that is left is the best hose to go along with the above setup, I want something that will not leach plasticizer into the cooling solution which is the other recommendation I am after.

Although I like the looks of the gear that I have mentioned above I am more about function than form.

Thanks for any information you can provide, this is the last part barring laser cutting and production of my $10K+ build.

Last edited:
Are you looking to use the Aquaero for this build because if you are, you'll need to grab the right pumps for this because not all pumps work with it. If you don't care for this controller, then any pump will work. Depending on how complex and massive this loop will be you might want to grab two pumps in serial for extra power.

As for tubing and fittings, Bitspower fittings and PrimoChill Advanced LRT is the way to go with the choice of color along with some clear premixed fluid from Innovatek or Aquacomputer or whomever else that is reputed in the water cooling industry.

Hope to see some images from this costly premium build.

Are you looking to use the Aquaero for this build because if you are, you'll need to grab the right pumps for this because not all pumps work with it. If you don't care for this controller, then any pump will work. Depending on how complex and massive this loop will be you might want to grab two pumps in serial for extra power.

As for tubing and fittings, Bitspower fittings and PrimoChill Advanced LRT is the way to go with the choice of color along with some clear premixed fluid from Innovatek or Aquacomputer or whomever else that is reputed in the water cooling industry.

Hope to see some images from this costly premium build.

No I am looking at running directly off the four pin pump header on the ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, the loop consists of Pump, 3 x 420mm rads, 2 880ml aqualis res, and a Intel Heatkiller Pro IV block, it will be running 9 Gelid 140mm fans to cool the rads.

I'm assuming you're going to use a bunch of fan hubs for that demand and are you looking for a pump to set and forget?

I'm assuming you're going to use a bunch of fan hubs for that demand and are you looking for a pump to set and forget?

No I've got a fan splitting cable 4 fan pins per header with a supplemental 12v power in from a 5.25 drive connector - Gelid fans also don't draw much, one fan will feed the RPM and all 9 will be set accordingly.

For the pump being that it's got a four pin header on the ASUS board for controlling the pump - it would be nice if that worked I have left a space in the case for the supplemental power connector again from a 5.25 power connection to run through to the pump if required.

EK has a second generational D5 pump that's intel spec'd properly or you could go with any DDC PWM pump like the MCP35X or MCP50X. D5s are quieter but DDCs have more head pressure.

EK has a second generational D5 pump that's intel spec'd properly or you could go with any DDC PWM pump like the MCP35X or MCP50X. D5s are quieter but DDCs have more head pressure.

Do you think I would need higher head pressure for my setup, distance from last rad to block < 20cm distance from block to next piece of equipment < 40cm, to pump 50cm tops.

By the looks of it that link i provided above lets you order the EK Water Blocks EK-D5 PWM G2 Motor (12V DC PWM Pump Motor) as part of the kit - so looks like that ones set, thanks for the recommendation on the Primochill advanced LRT and the Fluids from Innovatek and Aquacomputer ill see who offers best bang for buck fluid wise because this is a large loop. I hope the Bitspower fittings are solid I read somewhere that there O-rings aren't as hot as some other brands.

IIRC, Aquacomputer fluid expires annually while Innovatek I've heard was designed to last for 2 years or so. Crazy stuff but don't take my word for it. Just do some research on that to make sure.

IIRC, Aquacomputer fluid expires annually while Innovatek I've heard was designed to last for 2 years or so. Crazy stuff but don't take my word for it. Just do some research on that to make sure.

Thanks for that I'm having another issue though and maybe I am being to picky over sizing but I am presently looking at the Bitspower Connection 1/4 inch to 16/13mm ( ID 1/2" With OD 5/8" ) but I can not find Primochill advanced LRT to match this size and I don't want the tubes slipping off. Tygon was the only one that I found so far which was plasticizer free in 1/2 by 5/8 but it recommended in the add for it not to use it with compression fittings as they could be pulled off with little effort, Can you direct me to a location that has 1/2 by 5/8ths in the Advanced LRT?

Yeah, I can't find that size either. I use 1/2 x 3/4. The biggest and tightest possible. You will lose skin with this size so its advised to use some gloves. :D

Yeah, I can't find that size either. I use 1/2 x 3/4. The biggest and tightest possible. You will lose skin with this size so its advised to use some gloves. :D

I just decided to go the same way, the Intel Heatkiller IV Pro when I checked supports it and if I have it right the Bitspower connectors I'd be looking for would be:
http://www.bitspower.com/html/product/pro_show.php?products_id=2003
and
http://www.bitspower.com/html/product/pro_show.php?products_id=2013

Please correct me if I am wrong, the Bitspower site is a little un user friendly and there are connectors that look right, it would help if they carried a better description.

Yeah, I know what you mean heh but can't help the fact they sell amazing fittings. I have straights, 45, 65 and 90 degree fittings throughout my build. I went through times where I ended up purchasing a few different angles to make sure I got the right one for the loop. You will have fittings left over or as back up because buying the exact fittings doesn't always usually go as planned unfortunately.

Yeah, I know what you mean heh but can't help the fact they sell amazing fittings. I have straights, 45, 65 and 90 degree fittings throughout my build. I went through times where I ended up purchasing a few different angles to make sure I got the right one for the loop. You will have fittings left over or as back up because buying the exact fittings doesn't always usually go as planned unfortunately.

Do you know if they have a 45 degree adapter which doesn't swivel I.E one end screws into the block and the other has a compression fitting for soft hose - I can't seem to find one like that.

Try looking here to see which one you're looking for.

Here's another list of all types.

Sorry I think you are misunderstanding what I am meaning - I looked through both of those sites previously - what I note is they say say Dual rotary, what I am after if they have it is one end that just screws in for example to the block or a radiator without a rotary and subsequent o-ring at that end and at the other a compression fitting for a hose but I couldn't see one like that they seem to be made to swivel around at the end where it screws in which I would prefer to avoid as I have read many stories about that part of the linkage failing.

If I understand this correctly, you want a non-swivel female adapter to compression fitting for the tubing? In most cases you purchase a adapter say female to female and add a compression fitting on one end and w/e on the other. The compression part will most likely turn but I'll see what I can find.

Thanks for all your help I have been searching everywhere for my idea of what is safe - I don't really trust "rotaries" as any point where it swivels IMHO is a potential extra failure point.

Thanks for all your help I have been searching everywhere for my idea of what is safe - I don't really trust "rotaries" as any point where it swivels IMHO is a potential extra failure point.

Understood but I had the same paranoia and its ok to have but I have all dual rotary because your life will be a living nightmare without it when installing, updating and maintaining your loop. Not sure if Bitspower does have such a thing you're asking for, let alone the other companies that sell PC H20 gear. Bitspower is one of the few if not the one that sells different angles while the majority sell straights.

Think of it this way, any point of connection is a risk. Simplify the loop and keep it short is my best advise to you. Also, a image of your setup with your routes would be nice.

Unfortunately I can't really show you the routes until the case manufacture is finished is is pretty basic routing though as I am hoping to later on replace the soft tube with hard tube and hard tube fittings once I have had a bit of practice at it, a 45 degree angle adapter would be nice for the cpu block but with the length of the runs and being careful I could probably get away with strait compression fittings, the tightest part would be where the rads are connected together and the distance between the mounted rads is only 15mm so I planned to connect the bottom connector on rad 1(outlet) to the bottom connector of rad 2(inlet) and the top of rad 2(outlet) to the bottom on rad 3( inlet) I realize this sounds a little backwards but it would avoid kinking the hoses.

Back