• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended AIO cooler for an overclocked 5820k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hi I have a black and white setup . I want an AIO cooler for my 5820k running at 4.6 GHZ . it will be running on close to 1.36v
I really care about silent operation and performance . I dont mind temperatures as long as they are below 70c .
I am thinking about the corsair h110 gtx but is there something quieter out there . the thing is loud and expensive

Within a few °C, about 10dBa quieter, and cheaper.... NH-D15

How about an H240-x? It's probably the quietest AIO on the market.

Next choice, a Nepton 240m. New design, pretty quiet pump, nice fans.

Last I've read most or all of the corsair coolers are quite loud.

Last I've read most or all of the corsair coolers are quite loud.

I am reading about the NZXT Kraken x60 . the bigger the rad the better .
this kraken cooler has white fans which is excellent . also the glowing led on the block is excellent for aesthetics .

Last edited:
If you want a quality custom AIO loop that is expandable, check out the EK Predator, 240 or 360. That's if you can push your budget or wait at least and save up $200-230 for one. With a 240 or even better a 360, you should be able to run at very low noise level and very cool than say those sealed AIOs.

If you want a quality custom AIO loop that is expandable, check out the EK Predator, 240 or 360. That's if you can push your budget or wait at least and save up $200-230 for one. With a 240 or even better a 360, you should be able to run at very low noise level and very cool than say those sealed AIOs.

The H240-x is expandable and much cheaper than that.

The H240-x is expandable and much cheaper than that.

:thup: True but I think the EK comes with better and newer parts other than the tubing but I see with what you're saying as for staying close to the OP's budget.

The CM Nepton has good reviews but poor user reviews, on top of that the Corsair H110 GT and NZXT Kraken X61 are better performers with better user experience.

If you have the money that EK all in one is pretty nice, but being an all in one $200 is getting up there.

:thup: True but I think the EK comes with better and newer parts other than the tubing but I see with what you're saying as for staying close to the OP's budget.

Definitely doesn't come with a better pump.
Fans are possibly better, but they're close to the same quality.
The Swiftech block is easily as good as the EK block.
The rad is most likely better, but the pump/res design on it makes it harder to install in some cases.

There's not really old tech on the H240-x. The block and pump are within a year of being released, the rad is a fairly recent design too.

Now, after shipping, the Predator 240 is $230.
The H240-x (which is a 280mm rad) is $150, usually free shipping.

The ease of expansion is nice, but it isn't $80 nice.

The CM Nepton has good reviews but poor user reviews, on top of that the Corsair H110 GT and NZXT Kraken X61 are better performers with better user experience.

If you have the money that EK all in one is pretty nice, but being an all in one $200 is getting up there.

The H110 GT and X61 are both Asetek designs with very loud pumps.
Definitely not what Mikesamo is looking for.

The H110 GT and X61 are both Asetek designs with very loud pumps.
Definitely not what Mikesamo is looking for.

Actually I may have mistook the Nepton for Glacer, I'd have to find the gathered info I had when researching an AIO for myself. One of them at least had amazing glowing reviews but the user experience was terrible.

Will agree though, you set the Kraken X61 to Performance Mode and you WILL hear it, though I keep mine on Silent and it operates about the same noise levels as my custom loop with D5 and AP-14s.

ATM, you're right. The Swiftech kit is a best bang for your buck. I shouldn't be commenting in the morning after no sleep. The only thing the EK has a advantage are its premium fans and for the price difference, the Swiftech Kits are better priced for what you get.

hi ATM inside . i wanna shoot for a bigger rad . the 240 is nice but i think ill go with the nepton 280L if i decide to go with nepton over the x61 .
is the noise difference that much bigger . I really like the x61 looks

hi ATM inside . i wanna shoot for a bigger rad . the 240 is nice but i think ill go with the nepton 280L if i decide to go with nepton over the x61 .
is the noise difference that much bigger . I really like the x61 looks

Again, the H240-x is a 280mm radiator.
It's easily 10-15dBa quieter than any Asetek built unit (Corsair, NZXT).

Again, the H240-x is a 280mm radiator.
It's easily 10-15dBa quieter than any Asetek built unit (Corsair, NZXT).

I am convinced . althought it is a little above my budget . I think ill go with it . as long as it has white led on the block
Thanks alot ATM :) I am reading only positive reviews of this cooler . it is as you said the most quiet one

Last edited:
It is a bit above, but I feel it's worth it :)
The LED is indeed white, you change the color with different inserts.

Back