• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended AIO cooler for an overclocked 5820k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyway guys mounting it was a pain in the buttocks because I had to hold the fans still while slapping the rad on but it worked.
ignore the first picture it's there by mistake

Attachments

• 1445747753345.jpg
    1445747753345.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 1445747769462.jpg
    1445747769462.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 99
ok guys build is almost ready :) just need to go buy some screws for the board. let's see how good this cooler is

Attachments

• 1446244399887.jpg
    1446244399887.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 85
the build so far .... installing that cooler was a hassle

Attachments

• 1446258839151.jpg
    1446258839151.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 85
hmmm it seems to be running a bit warm at idle . load temperatures on a 4.5 ghz 1.3 oc saw me going all the way up to 78c. and there was some audible noise . whats going on ?

Audible noise. Prolly the pump. Looking at the pic, the side of the case with the radiator/fans is very small holes. I bet your blocking 80% of your airflow from the radiator fans.

You need to cut the case.

Audible noise. Prolly the pump. Looking at the pic, the side of the case with the radiator/fans is very small holes. I bet your blocking 80% of your airflow from the radiator fans.

You need to cut the case.

can I avoid doing that ? I added a 140mm fan to the front intake of the radiator thats controlled by my fan controller . went into bios and put everything on silent mode . still a little audible .
can i plug the pump into my fan controller ?

I can't read that, can you just use snipping tool and save the picture and upload that?

hmmm it seems to be running a bit warm at idle . load temperatures on a 4.5 ghz 1.3 oc saw me going all the way up to 78c. and there was some audible noise . whats going on ?

The side of your case says no airflow, help meee! Cut me case wide open so I can breathe!

Think about it. Look at it. Think basic physics. Airflow is paramount for watercooling. And you have very little through the rad. You could buy some higher RPM fans.

You could cut the case and buy available covers from Performance PC that will cover the hack and look good. Or even some wire fan shrouds.

It s about performance first, then pretty. A dogfish ain't pretty but it has been around for a few million years eh?

Last edited:
The side of your case says no airflow, help meee! Cut me case wide open so I can breathe!

Think about it. Look at it. Think basic physics. Airflow is paramount for watercooling. And you have very little through the rad. You could buy some higher RPM fans.

You could cut the case and buy available covers from Performance PC that will cover the hack and look good. Or even some wire fan shrouds.

It s about performance first, then pretty. A dogfish ain't pretty but it has been around for a few million years eh?

you're right. I changed the speeds of the pump and fans. it's almost silent now. thing kicks in alot of heat into my room but the cpu temperatures are now good. maybe it needed some time

Back