• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is CM Silent Pro M2 1000w a good psu? someone is selling it for a very cheap price, about the same price as a cougar 700w modular, about 3months used, is this a good psu and a good buy?

well i got it so cheap maybe around 4000php, about 100$ if converted, and the other one selling 80$ for a cougar 700w, did i buy the good one or maybe at a loss?

Love this thread. I usually do pretty well when choosing parts for a new rig, but choosing a PSU is always tricky. There are just so many to choose from and the same brand can use different OEM suppliers for different models, which makes it even more confusing. Thanks to this thread I got a great deal on the NZXT Hale 82 750w. I've never purchased anything by NZXT before and wasn't even considering them until I saw the information in this thread and found out it's OEM Seasonic.

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed here!

In all honesty I owned alot of PSU brands and it really comes down to whats been tested.

I can say for sure that the SeaSonic X-1250 is very good,

Correct me if i'm wrong but Seasonic sells to other company's and they put there own name on it?

Just wanted to say that I've always consulted jonnyguru when it comes to PSU, it's the last word in PSU for sure. When I read of the SilverStone Op1000 match up against PC P&C 1000W PSU, and it came out quite favorably, I'd jumped on it because I was hell bent on going dual GPU and I had my eyes on those power hungry HD2900XTs. And these cards were launched back in 2007 IIRC. I had read this review-
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=33

Never has a review been so true, I still have that very same PSU in my 3rd rig powering an X9650 + HD6990 setup. The PSU is simply.....solid! Recently, when I had upped my main rig to TriFire, I was pretty antsy because I had a HX1050 powering them.....I had not planned on TriFire when I was putting together my main rig. Looked around and found jonnyguru's review of the X-1250, and it was all I needed to step up to the Seasonic X-1250. I'm sure this unit is gonna last me quite a while.....:)

Jonnyguru.com has a stack of 'em in that range from the last month or so too.

Jonnyguru.com has a stack of 'em in that range from the last month or so too.

Yep all those who met the criteria were added at the same time this morning. Roughly 6-8 from JG were added, and the ones you pointed me to.

Still have to check out a few other websites, HS and HOCP to see if I can find a couple more to add.

:comp:

TPU and HWS have done a few, they generally announce them in the JG forums so that might be a good starting place.

Back