• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recurring problem on initial power on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guardian33

I am having a problem with my OEM install of windows 7 display properties.

Whenever I OC my AMD FX-6100 when I first start my computer or wake it from sleep mode the normally translucent start menu and window borders become opaque, looking similar to windows xp style. It is usually accompanied by poor performance during gaming.
This is always fixed by a simple restart so I have been trying to live with it.

The problem goes away if I use the factory settings for my cpu, but why would I be here if I wanted to do that?

If any of you have experienced this problem or just have some input it would be greatly appreciated.

Note: My OC is stable for mprime testing

System:
ASUS M5A88-EVO MOBO
AMD FX-6100 O.C. 3800MHz @ 1.320V
2x4gb G.SKILL Sniper series 1866
Corsair TX750 PSU
MSI 560 Ti
Windows 7 OEM

That sounds like a driver/DX problem.. or to strong of OC on ya GPU.. Ive seen it happen with both.. Mine was a driver/dx issue.. tried cleaning your drivers completly and reinstalling them?

or the other setting , dont ever let your hard drive spin down. change your power settings, and dont do this if you dont have control over the power options of the HOUSE. ( you know , pay the bills)

Back