• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Regarding the A880 series - Biostar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BamaPanda

Registered
Near the track! Talladega _ Alabama _ USA
Hi. Mostly a lurker ..but now with a question ..if that is OK.

Installed a new Biostar A880G+ mainboard w/ Athlon II X2 260 .. coming from an older 754 Biostar board. Two questions.

Is there a guide somewhere for recommendations for this Phoenix bios? I say recommendations as I need/want guidance to get more from this setup. Just telling me the options does me little good.

&
The older board was a T series, and was much simpler to overclock ..being an Award bios ..if I recall. There is a TA880G+ board, employing a T type bios as my older 754 board did.
Could I download that Bios and use it on my A880G+?

Thanks for any and all help. :salute:

The older board was a T series, and was much simpler to overclock ..being an Award bios ..if I recall. There is a TA880G+ board, employing a T type bios as my older 754 board did.
Could I download that Bios and use it on my A880G+?:salute:

No, you can't use another brand of bios or a bios made for another board, even if the two boards appear to be similar. You can only update to a newer or go back to an earlier version of bios made for that particular board by the same company.

There is no easy, shortcut way to learn overclocking. You need to commit to understandign the bios of your current board if you want to overclock it. We will help you with that if you want. Posting pics of the sections of the bios you have questions about would be helpful. I would also suggest reading some of the overclocking guides posted on the forum to gain some understanding of terminology, what the different overclocking parameters in bios do and how they affect one another. A lot of people find Dolk's guide helpful.

Last edited:
By the way, I just installed the Biostar A880G+ with an Athlon II X2 240 on my wife's computer recently. The bios is a little funky and has some limitations but not all that difficult. I'd be glad to help you with it.

Would you do us the courtesy of posting your system hardware specs in some detail in your "Sig" so that it shows up at the bottom of every post for reference? That helps as the threads stretch out. Include such things as CPU, motherboard, memory make and model and speed rating, Case make and model, CPU cooler make and model, video card make and model, PSU make and model and wattage, OS.

Attachments

• Sig.JPG
    Sig.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 219
I have used two of these Biostar boards in Media PC's.

I have tried the following cpu's with no problems at all.

Athlon x2 255, Phenom X2 560, and Athlon X4 640.
No problems streaming netflix, youtube 1080p, and bluray DVD's.

pvp.

Back