• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remove Ac mode and Battery mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisvvolf

every 10 seconds a notification saying that my power adaptor is plugged in and i want to know how to remove it. urgent please help!. vista asus laptop.

the ac adaptor is in and i checked and there is no brocken parts on the cord. The power is going up.

thats the thing it is not a loose connection it only does it randomly i cant move the cord around to make it happen

the only problem is that it pops up on my screen and its very annoying every 30 seconds flashing in the center of my screen.I just want to cancel the popup or something

You can stop the prosses atkosd2 and atkosd or something like that and the pop up wont show. But on my computer the problem is far worse. It is constantly changing from AC mode to Battery mode and by changing the settings each time it makes the pc so slow even the mouse is lagging. :(
Please, doesnt anyone have a solution? This is happening on two of my different computers. Both of them have been completely reset to factory settings.

If it was just one, I would clean the battery-laptop connection pins with ethanol or acetone (borrow someone's nail polish remover).

I guess you should still try this, but with two lappys (I would guess same model) it would seem to be something software related.

This sounds like you are running 3rd party software that is monitoring the power state. Can you take a screenshot of what the popup notification looks like so we can see?

If it is the Asus software prompting the notice, just remove it through manage programs. It it is the windows battery tool in the bottom right, that means something else.

Well I am having the same problem, and from what I know the program is called "Power2Go", which is a specialty program for ASUS laptops.

Back