• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removed my Noctua NH-D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

As the title says I removed my Noctua NH-D14 to see how my temps are without it , I think my temps are ok im not overclocking at all , since its the hotter months now
nut I will be getting and AIO Cooler

but I cant remember for the life of me what temp do I go by in CPUZ can someone help me and tell me what one I have to watch
Tanks Roger

Capture.JPG

"amd fx-6300" temp is the processor temp, 62c max please.

"cpu" temp is the vrm temp, 72c max please.

"amd fx-6300" temp is the processor temp, 62c max please.

"cpu" temp is the vrm temp, 72c max please.

ok so correct me if im wrong

"amd fx-6300" Package I want to keep below 62c

"Temperature" CPU is VRM and that shouldn't go above 72c

The Package temp is the chip itself, it is 62°C max.
The CPU temp is the socket, 72°C max.

And as an FYI, unless you go higher-end (at least an H100i/H220x) you won't see much in the way of gains over the NH-D14, and even if you go high-end AIO you may gain about 5C or so

I sent this in a PM, but figured no reason for it not to be in the open forum:

Depends on the review that you would read.

image008.png

(not your CPU, but we're looking at Deltas here)

says about a 4-5C gain over the NHd14

thermaltake_water_20_pro_025.jpg

Looks like it is about 2-3C (with both in high mode)

temp-load.jpg

That one they essentially tie.

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't expect a huge gain in temps.

Last edited:
If you go AIO, get a Glacer 240L or H220-X. Otherwise you won't gain enough to be happy.
Or, you could also upgrade to the NH-D15.

I hope when you removed the Noctua you replaced it with something else.

62C daily with spikes up to 70C is absolutely fine.
AMD's max temps for 6 cores are 70C, 62C for 8 cores and 72? for quads.

Anyways, a good AIO would be fine, but custom loop if you want to push really hard I say.

I'm kind of surprised no one has asked "WHY?" yet. You're running it at stock per your OP with a core temp of 34c. Most of us wish we could keep temps that low and I have to ask how much better to you hope to get. That is assuming, of course, this is an under load pic.

I'm kind of surprised no one has asked "WHY?" yet. You're running it at stock per your OP with a core temp of 34c. Most of us wish we could keep temps that low and I have to ask how much better to you hope to get. That is assuming, of course, this is an under load pic.

I basically did in post #5 stating/showing with review charts that there will be little to no gains a week ago...

Back