• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replaced MSI Z87-G45 w/ Gigabyte UD3H, won't post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hazzyftw

Hey gents so i bought this board to replace my ****ed up MSI board, and after installing mostly everything, the board fails to boot up bios. it turns on and most of the fans turn on except the rear exhaust fin (sysfan2), which turns on and turns back off, along with the computer. The little LED light displays a #15 and the little orange power button does light up too. I can also hear my hard drives spinning, I've switched my ram around and it still fails to post. Any idea of what to do?

Edit: switched processor to my i5 and now it won't even turn on (turns back off instantly, pretty frustrated).

Last edited:
Both power cables hooked up? In particular the 8-pin aux PSU cable?

yessir, the 8 pin aux is in its place, gonna switch back to my i7 but is scaring me even more. If needed ill just hook up everything outside of the case w/ the MSI board to test its not a dead board :/

Yea, setting up the new board outside the case is a good idea. Also make sure you have a fan hooked to the CPU fan header, some boards won't boot unless it detects a CPU fan. You can turn that function off once you get into BIOS though.

Placed the i7 back in again, turns on but does not boot up at all, I'm really confused though if it turns on and back off does that imply my i7 is dead, or the fact it didn't even turn up w/ my i5 tell me something?

Tried with the other board outside of the case, posting pick now showing set up to ensure I'm not missing anything, although i must note that my little sound alarm went missing some time ago, so i can't use that as an indicator.
The results were the same as the gigabyte board, for both damn processors. (i5 4430 and i7 4770k)

Edit: must reiterate I'm scared of my i5-4430 just powering up and shutting back down, at least w/ the i7 it turns on and stays on: (rests continuously like every minute w/ the gigabyte, with the MSI the board just stays on but get no display)
Here's the image, should i go buy some isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts on both processors? (Not the boards pins! just the contact points on the processors)

20140124_221525.jpg

Last edited:
After cleaning w/ 91% isopropyl alcohol, same result w/ both motherboards. Gonna go to shop where i bought the i7 (bought it less than a week ago) and see if i can get it swapped right there and then, also very worried about the i5 as i was looking forward to selling it and now it won't even turn up on either board..

Back