• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replaced old case with new, Corsair H115i running better than ever...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richard8971

Registered
Those are some serious clocks there Richard. I really feel sorry for that poor MSI 970. They're know for dying under the heavy draw from the FX processors. I really hope you have active cooling on your VRM's/socket.

Congrats , as stated get some active cooling on the VRM and maybe even the back of the board .

I appreciate everyone's comments. I better not tell my 970. I've had it running pretty much 24/7 o/c'ed for almost 2 years now. :)

I have 1-120mm fan running over the heat sinks from the back and 2-140mm fans in the front pumping tons of air for the rest.

R

Funny, out of a lot of the mb's ive had for o/c'ing the MSI 970 gaming has been the easiest to use. It's been rock solid and a great board. Very easy to reset when my o/c settings were off.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
im using the MSI 990 and cant complain. got a lot of help from everyone though. all the extra fans are absolutely necessary. it was a huge help!

Back