• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing Side 230mm Fan w/ 4 x 120mm Fans on Cooler Master HAF Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea from the sounds of it Corsair specifically says high static for radiators. What is the actual metric for static pressure?

I'm starting to really lean toward the H90. Just seems way more simple to use. The Corsair Link sounds to be problematic. Can you use the H100i and just plug in the fans and pump to the mobo and be done with it?

So now the question is, which replacement fans?!?! Probably the Cougars as the H90 is 140mm.

What's your reasoning for wanting to replace the stock h90 fans? Reality is the cougars may be better but you're now adding $30 to the cost of the h90. That puts you in swiftec h220 range if I'm not mistaken if they're not still out if stock everywhere(I'm mobile and dont wanna look it up lol).

Haven't looked at the corsair site but you could probably get another fan identical to the stock h90 fan and save on the cost of buying 2. Unless sound and min/maxing matter more to you, like it does me lol

Can't fit the H110 unfortunately. The top of the HAF doesn't support 140mm fans unfortunately. Thats why it was between the H100i and H90 (rear of HAF supports 140mm.)

Wait... I'm pretty sure that's incorrect.

May have to edit that statement in a minute lol

Hmm you're right, advanced doesn't, I clearly remember my original 932 supporting 140 tops.

Incorrect that the H110 won't fit on the HAF 932? Or the H110 w/ four Cougars?

Specs of the case from Newegg.
Top: 230 x 30 mm standard fan x 1, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 dBA (support 120 mm fan x 3 or 120 mm x 1 + 230 x 30 mm x 1)
Rear: 140 x 25 mm standard fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 60 CFM, 17 dBA (support 120 mm fan x 1), 35,000 hours life expectancy

I'd like something better than an H50. From what I've been told an H50 is decent but isn't anything really special.

had a h80 once (this is a comen problem)... it never was working well the firmware was messed up so the fans were alway on max then the pump pooped out on me...I will NEVER buy a AIO again exept maby h220 since it is from swiftech and they know what they are doing.

oh, ok... I would go with somthing other than an aio becase I have had very bad ecperiances with aio... air is more reliable and cheeper...

You should elaborate on "more reliable". Cooling is cooling, it works or it doesn't. Yes the best air option beats the h90 hands down though.

But, if he's like me he wanted h2o without the custom loop, nor the gargantuan size of a noctua fan in his case. I've read about te same pump issues you described though, but seemed more prevalent in earlier models rather than the later ones.

Also, I don't even think the corsair AIOs were designed by corsair (again if I read correctly). Kinda like an Acura is really just a Honda with a different name ;p

The firmware is my one concern about the H100i, it seems that it is a common problem. My question regarding that is can you just plug in the fans and pump to the correct headers and be done with it and skip the firmware? If so, than why not let the mobo control the speeds?

You can, i have an H100I and i control it with the onboard motherboard fan controller.

Good to know. Makes me less skeptical about it. Two last real concerns about the H100i.

1. Can you use the same mounting plate on the rear of the mobo that comes with the H50? I would imagine you can because all the rear plate is doing is lining up the screw holes for the correct CPU type.
2. The top fan of the HAF series cases is for exhaust. Corsair recommends intake for their AIO radiators. I don't think this would be a big problem as my rear fan will be exhaust, and I plan on rigging up a fan in the empty 5.25 bays for exhaust as well.

Just bought a Cougar 120mm with a $15 gift card I had to Newegg. That'll be the one in the front for exhaust.

Back