• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reservoir anti-cyclone insert mountable at the top?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frank Jeagar

Hi everyone,

I have a Phobya Balancer 150 reservoir and want to have it intake water from the top, unfortunately the top can have multiple intakes so filling my loop would be tricky.

A solution to this I thought would be to simply flip the res so that there are multiple available intakes in the top, however this would put the anti-cyclone insert at the top (it goes about half down/up the res).

Will this allow cyclones to form even if the res is almost full?

I figured it would be fine if the res is full enough, but thought it would be best to check, thanks for any help.

Hi everyone,

I have a Phobya Balancer 150 reservoir and want to have it intake water from the top, unfortunately the top can have multiple intakes so filling my loop would be tricky.

A solution to this I thought would be to simply flip the res so that there are multiple available intakes in the top, however this would put the anti-cyclone insert at the top (it goes about half down/up the res).

Will this allow cyclones to form even if the res is almost full?

I figured it would be fine if the res is full enough, but thought it would be best to check, thanks for any help.

The cyclone formation I think requires and in and an out at the bottom to make the funnel. Either way the anti cyclone part would stop any chance of one forming at the top as well I think. I have a Phobya 250 and I almost did this, but I didn't want the air bubbles that could form from water spilling from the top into the res to happen.

Back