• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ripjaws 4 ddr4 2400 32gb install, issues now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elkido122

Registered
i just received my 32gb kit of gskill ddr4 2400 ripjaws 4. after installing it in my msi x99 pro carbon board, i have been noticing my logitech gaming pro mouse having random freezes. can this be related to my ram>? i know it did not happen before putting this ram into my system. thanks

Yes, could be. Have you checked that the whole 32GB are recognized in both Bios and Windows?

I went ahead and tried lowering the speed of the ram to 2133 and turning xmp off and it still did it. Also did a Windows clean install and sane thing again. Tells me it's hardware related. Hopefully not a failing motherboard , all other usb ports and devices work fine . Makes me think it's the ram causing it .

If there was RAM issue then everything would freeze, not only mouse. There can be some instability of USB controller or something else if RAM isn't stable but generally it shouldn't cause random mouse freezing if everything else is working fine.

If there was RAM issue then everything would freeze, not only mouse. There can be some instability of USB controller or something else if RAM isn't stable but generally it shouldn't cause random mouse freezing if everything else is working fine.

Agreed, but hard to say if it is only pointer stopping moving because of mouse freeze or whole system freeze.

I had the issue with a dying integrated sound card on an Asus P8Z68. Can be many things...

Why don't you try 1 stick at a time in each slot instead of all 32gb of it. Use memtest86 to test each stick to find the culprit.

the only way to be certain that your memory is running correctly is to do what Neb suggested. i would leave all 4 in on your first run. make sure the modules are running at their rated speed timings and voltage. if you run into errors run them one at a time. if they dont show any errors, try a different mouse? 1 more thing would be to drop your cpu oc to stock speeds if your ocing it. then start your cpu oc all over again from stock and see if you find a point where the freezing starts.

Back