• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RIVBE In reboot loop after overclocking failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LongHaul

Registered
Hi,

I'm new to overclocking. I did the following:
1) Used the AI Suite to level up 4.5GHZ on a i7-4960K. This worked great for weeks.
2) I then tried to use XMP to overclock my ram. This failed on reboot and I got a nice message telling me my overclock failed and I should press F1 to enter setup.
3) I entered setup and in the middle of trying to fix things the system reset and went into a loop reboot over and over again and never letting me back into setup.

Any suggestions on how to recover from such a situation?

I suspect my ram is what's failing, but how do I reset the timing on it with out getting into the system

Thank you ...

Clear CMOS using the button at the back of the motherboard. It's accessible through the I/O shield.

Worked great. Thanks!

This is what I thought I should do but I wanted to hear from someone with a little more experience first. :) I was surprised my raid configurations were not lost. All I had to do was enable RAID mode in my SATA configuration and all my raid configurations were recovered. They must be stored on disk instead of in CMOS. Perhaps in the UEFI partition?

I had the same behavior with my R4BE after flashing the BIOS. Tried clearing the CMOS and that didn't work. Then tried the other BIOS and that didn't work either.

Ended up RMAing the board.

Back