• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rivets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BWR

I am planning to mod and paint my case but that would require me to remove three panels: the two sides and the top. The sides are easy to remove, unscrew thumbscrews and remove. The top seems to be nailed down by something else. Someone suggested to me that they were rivets but they arent any rivets I have ever seen.

http://www.hardware-review.net/html/images/532/large/29.jpg

They are the 'rivets' above the PSU/the only things that are holding the black top in the picture. Ill try to get a close-up picture from my camera as soon as possible if that helps any. They kind of look like rivets from the outside, a silver dome. These 'rivets' dont have long stems and have a small hole in the middle. The case is a Centurion 532.

Those are rivits all right, they are called "pop rivits" but I have also heard them being called "snap rivits"

Aww... Right when I was about to show off my new 8 megapixel camera image quality... :(

Anyways, anyone have any idea how to remove these? I have a feeling that these are going to be a pain...

You'll get cleanest results with a drill, but a dremel would work also. I think I used a 3/32 bit to remove mine.

So just cut off the top with the dremel?
What about the drill, where do I drill?

I find a 1/8" twist bit (standard drill style) drilled right through the little "Dimple" works great for this situation.

You don't even have to drill them. Just insert a nail, awl, or icepick into the end and hammer once or twice and it should pop in half.

Back