• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RJARRRPCGP's Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

I actually got this motherboard back in late July! But, didn't install it until August 25.

Here's the Linpack test at stock:

Attachments

• FX_8350_Sabertooth_990FX_R2_0_Linpack_Passed_At_Stock.jpg
    FX_8350_Sabertooth_990FX_R2_0_Linpack_Passed_At_Stock.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 190
Post up the P-States on that chip if it's still at stock clocks. I'm interested in what they are It looks like a pretty low voltage chip.

Post up the P-States on that chip if it's still at stock clocks. I'm interested in what they are It looks like a pretty low voltage chip.

I'm not sure where to get that from...

Why when using my system does HWMonitor report my core clocks randomly going to 4100 Mhz and sometimes 3900 Mhz???

I disabled turbo. Do I need to RMA my motherboard???

Title of this thread might be misleading... what cpu is the OP using? if its the one in the signature, then its an intel cpu...

I don't think HWMonitor is completely accurate in so much as I'm pretty sure your cpu fan is not spinning at 4623rpm! if it is... it looks like its about to burn out or something worse...

On my system with latest version of HWMonitor, it reports cpu clocks at 50Mhz above what I set in bios and that's in maximum clocks column. I think a lot of the info in this program are only approximate averages or something like.. no software can be perfectly, exactly & always right, no matter who writes it..

P-States will be in Cpu-Z. Open it and click the about tab, then in "tools" click save report .txt the P-States will look like this. These are mine from my 8350 you need to be at stock settings though for an accurate reading. P-states 8350.PNG

Title of this thread might be misleading... what cpu is the OP using? if its the one in the signature, then its an intel cpu...

I don't think HWMonitor is completely accurate in so much as I'm pretty sure your cpu fan is not spinning at 4623rpm! if it is... it looks like its about to burn out or something worse...

On my system with latest version of HWMonitor, it reports cpu clocks at 50Mhz above what I set in bios and that's in maximum clocks column. I think a lot of the info in this program are only approximate averages or something like.. no software can be perfectly, exactly & always right, no matter who writes it..

I have an FX 8350. (made in 2014)

Here it is:

P-State FID 0x1A - VID 0x0A - IDD 13 (21.00x - 1.425 V)
P-State FID 0x19 - VID 0x0F - IDD 13 (20.50x - 1.362 V)
P-State FID 0x18 - VID 0x15 - IDD 12 (20.00x - 1.287 V) <-stock
P-State FID 0xFFFFFFFF - VID 0xFFFFFFFF (-1.00x - -1.000 V)

Last edited:
Thanks if you look you're about .05 less Vid then mine which is what I though when I saw your 1st post. Now back to the why am I running 4100 Mhz. Post some screen shots of the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory.

I think that's ASUS lazy PLL chip. We all have quite a bit of fluctuation. If you watch your HTRef will go up and down even sitting at idle. 100 MHzz does seem excessive though

rjrrr..... you can open as many copies of cpu-z as you need, go ahead, try it.

It's possible it is just a software glitch, which would be the same reason you're getting those erroneous memory timings. Unless you have some monster set of DDR3 1600 sticks I do not know about. :D

Strange bug. This is like something I expect on an MSI!

It's actually 11-11-11-28 when I was in the BIOS.

try some trident 2400 sticks for benching, you'll like it.
I've tried Kingston and have had issues in the past with some amd combos.

bsod, crashing, freezing, unstable clocks forcing me to raise voltages.... you know........ just minor things that have caused me to not buy any more Kinston ram.

bsod, crashing, freezing, unstable clocks forcing me to raise voltages....

Never had anything like that with the 4 GB of HyperX Blu...

I guess I could change the brand for the heck of it this month...
It was given to me in 2014, because I didn't have DDR 3 in 2014!

if it's working good for you keep it.
the only place ram speed is going to help you is in benchmarks anyway, if you're going to bench, you need faster, tighter ram.
if you game just about any ram is fast enough.

for those with onboard video, it matters to you, the onboard video uses system ram as vram and it will help you.

Last edited:
Back