• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTX 2080 Ti High temps with EKWB block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

animalmom

Registered
Hi,

I installed a GPU Waterblock (it comes before the CPU monoblock).

I am getting temps in excess of 90 C under load (MSI RT 2080ti Gaming Trio)

I installed it like this:

IMG_5539.jpg

The manual says "You can use any opening as an inlet/outlet port. Do not forget to plug the remaining two opening with enclosed EK-Plug G1/4 or equivalent."

But I wonder if they need to be staggered - as in left side inlet, right side outlet?

Is this my issue? Otherwise I assume it must be thermal pads.

Correct, I believe the manual is mis-worded. Top or bottom doesn't matter but left / right does. Preferably the intake will be towards the IO side of the card (looking at a plexi block, you will see this will flow the coolant over the GPU itself first, then the memory and VRM), however the difference is mostly theoretical. At this point I would just move the top tube over, regardless of the direction of flow, as the most simple solution. Luckily you've used flexible tubing.

That was it 100 percent

Now all good fully O/C, 49c no load.

I actually had to leave the house so the whole thing elapsed to fix was like 10 minutes

This is a record for diagnosing a Waterblock problem

10 stars to you

Back