• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running old games on windows 10.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blingo

Hey i have this old game but it was for windows 98 . I recently just bought it.

Cant get it to run on windows 10. I tried everything changing compatibility options and nothing.

I did see that I can do like a virtual box windows 98 thing, but before I do that I want to see if you guys know any other ways.

If you are wondering what game it is , It's called tech deck snowboarding it is very rare and I don't think you can download it anywhere.

Honestly I'm probably going to try to send it to one of those abandonware sites lol. (just a side note)

Thanks in advance.

VM is the best and perhaps only way to do it. It also depends on the game too. Some games will run in a DOSBox when they are that old. VM's are easy so don't let that deter you.

I'm not the best knowledgeable on Win 10. IIRC it was supost to have Super Easy VM capabilities. You can do a search for dosbox or dos4win to see if that program works. IIRC a VM is a copy/clone of a Windows install. I know there are a couple of VM programs that work IF..IF YOU already have a installation disk/copy of Windows 98, ME, XP, Vista, or Win 7. I'm not sure if you are allowed to download pre-made VM's of older OSes???

Hey i have this old game but it was for windows 98 .
^ The Main Problem - Is that Win 98 supports DX_8 <- Video Cards before GeForce 7xxx Series and ATI Radeon 1xxx Series. Win 98_SE supported DX_9c which is still before GeForce 8xxx Series and ATI HD-2xxx Series. I'm not sure your RTX-2xxx Series video card, Driver, + Win10 will work???

https://www.ebay.com/p/Tech-Deck-Snowboarding-PC-2000/112130367?iid=264252886879
^ is this the game??? It is listed as a Windows 95/98 game. I looked at the box and there is no DX listed :(

Also, a good website for legit old games from DOS to Win10 is GOG.com, they sell DRM free and come already prepackaged (some with DOSBox) to install and run in any Windows and Mac :thup:

Back