• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ScorpiX said:
Anyone done this whit Asus P2B-F (ver 1.00)?
If not, I'll try whitin copule of days... but if someone have some good advice, for newcomer's :D I'll willing to hear it!

Thanks for reading! :)

P2Bf doesn't support tualatins...
it needs a new modded bios sold from Powerleap in bundle
with thei adapter....
I think they also sell only the bios for about 10$....

belinassu said:

P2Bf doesn't support tualatins...
it needs a new modded bios sold from Powerleap in bundle
with thei adapter....
I think they also sell only the bios for about 10$....

Well, I heard about the problem, and the bios is there to make work Tualatins 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 GHz work! Beacuse the board ain't working whit the Celeron (coppermine) 1100! But it work's fine whit 1000!! :eek:

So I thought to give a try to run Tulalatin 1.0!

By the way can does anyone have that bios?? To try it before buy it... beacuse why to buy it if it ain't gonna work??! :eek: :eh?:

2 ScorpiX:

The second problem, you have is, that ASUS P2Bf boards rev. <1.12 can operate CPUs with minimal voltage of 1.8V.

If you put there a CPU which needs lower voltage, the MoBo doesn't go.

ide cable

Hmmm I liked the ide cable idea! Seams worth a try. The other good idea I colected in the forum is about connecting the pins in the back of the slotcket!!! Any one can sold it there with primitive soldering and easily undo it... Hoooow man i wanna do it!!!! I wan´t a Tualeroooooon (Dam Brazil... :mad: )
Was goig to import some things, but Don (from the extict Peltec) e-mail has runned out of work, ohhh, he was my mailer! Will have to batle more on that... Maybe my older forum members... ;)

ol' man said:
Here is the image I wanted to attach above.

That problem can be solved if you can wire the cpu Vid pins to demand 1.8Volt (or slightly more) from the mobo.

PiT said:
2 ScorpiX:

The second problem, you have is, that ASUS P2Bf boards rev. <1.12 can operate CPUs with minimal voltage of 1.8V.

If you put there a CPU which needs lower voltage, the MoBo doesn't go.

Well as I sarched on Asus web pages thare are only two revisions of the board P2B-F (Rev 1.00 and Rev 1.00.)! And the only problem for the suplying the lover voltage is the power regulator on the board! If the Power regulator is HIP 6019 then it can go only to the 1.8 V, but if it has an HIP 6019 BCB power regulator than it can go low as 1.3 V!!

I have the HIP 6019 BCB on the board, so I gues that wont be unsolvable problem! :eh?:

Thank's anyway for advice!

If you're not afraid of destroying your processor you can try running it at 1.8V.
I'm testing my 1.1 at 1540MHz (11*140MHz) with 1.8V with the Intel retail HSF with fan running at 17V

Kamerat said:
If you're not afraid of destroying your processor you can try running it at 1.8V.
I'm testing my 1.1 at 1540MHz (11*140MHz) with 1.8V with the Intel retail HSF with fan running at 17V

Afraid? No... not me :D But I'm carefoul... very carefoul, not to fry it before it even post... :D OK, now in a few days I'll have the Tualatin on the table for modification... And write now I'm learnig... looking... observing... and I'm ready for all advices! :D

My bx6r2 softbios will allow me to go as low as 1.35. However, I was pretty sure that my mobo isn't suppose to support below 2.0 volts, so what gives?

Ein said:
My bx6r2 softbios will allow me to go as low as 1.35. However, I was pretty sure that my mobo isn't suppose to support below 2.0 volts, so what gives?
A friend got the same mobo. I ran his Celeron 400 (2.00V) @ 1.55V, so it support voltages under 2.00V.

ScorpiX said:

Afraid? No... not me :D But I'm carefoul... very carefoul, not to fry it before it even post... :D OK, now in a few days I'll have the Tualatin on the table for modification... And write now I'm learnig... looking... observing... and I'm ready for all advices! :D

how about:
(a) removing the metal cap (the IHS) and let the heatsink touching the die (with AS3) or
(b) removing the metal cap (the IHS), put AS3 on the die, put back the IHS by glue so allowing the AS3 to fill the tiny air space between the die and the IHS

will these 2 method improve cpu cooling?

yeh (c) lap the die:D the die is not as fragile as one may imagine

soil said:

how about:
(a) removing the metal cap (the IHS) and let the heatsink touching the die (with AS3) or
(b) removing the metal cap (the IHS), put AS3 on the die, put back the IHS by glue so allowing the AS3 to fill the tiny air space between the die and the IHS

Very good idea soil... I'm thinkig to something like it, but only after I do the "trick" and the Tualy boots on the board :D

question: How do you get the IHS down? :rolleyes: :D

soil said:

how about:

Maybe the cumine isn't but this core is more fragile.

I think the better idea is to put te cover on again after lapping
it...;)
so the thermal exchange is improved withuot any risk for the
"SUPERFRAGILE" core!
a good idea will be to engineer a new cover in Silver instead of
Copper (as the original is)
Silver is 10% better than copper in thermal exchange ;)

The cover is always required (IMHO) because the core become
instable without it (my system froze whenever i touched the HSF!)
after recovering it regained stability ;)

bye :)

I got my Tualatin... and connect PWRGD whit VttPWRDG, insulate the three pins, put voltage on 1.5 (tryed 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 V) Turn it on... and it wont post :( :eh?:

Any sugdestions? :eh?:

I think that I'll will lose my mind whit this... Trayed everithing that come on my mind... but still no boot! :(

I was searching the interne for the BIOS, and newest is the one I got (1014.001 beta) :(

belineasu, you said that Powerleap is seling the only BIOS for 10$, and I was right now on their website, and didn't find anything abaout that... :eh?:

Anyone have any advice for me? :rolleyes:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69270&highlight=powerleap+bios

good luck

last time I took out the cap of a K6-2 by a hammer and a small single-blade knife, pressing the blade slowing but forcefully (the blade being perpendicular to the diagonals of the CPU square, such diagonal being perpendicular to your floor/desktop surface)

but IIRC the Tualatin IHS is not touching the die so if you put it back you may want to put AS3 to fill the gap

are you sure the Tualatin IHS is made of copper?:rolleyes:

Back