• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone knows of a good "rewiring-Asus S-370 DL-to-accomodate Tualatin-Celeron for dummies" guide out there on the internet?
Is it possible this combination will work?
processor: Celeron 1,4 GHz
slotket: Asus S-370 DL
mobo: Siemens D1064

Hey, cool to see this thread is still going. I've been busy with work and the site has been stagnant except for the forums. I want to update the IHS removal article since I have been given a BH6 rev 1.01, generic slocket, and other goodies. Now all I need is the time. Let's hope the god of time will smile on me soon. :(

Wunder said:
anyone knows of a good "rewiring-Asus S-370 DL-to-accomodate Tualatin-Celeron for dummies" guide out there on the internet?
Is it possible this combination will work?
processor: Celeron 1,4 GHz
slotket: Asus S-370 DL
mobo: Siemens D1064

successfully done with bbh6/S-370 DL,
the 3 pin wrap and a bridge but not sure
about your Siemens D1064 MB?
does it support 1.5v?

check out the modding article @ front page ;)

there're adapter such as upgradeware slot-T,
for $20 so u don't have to do any modding,
but be sure to check for compatibility ;)

Hey Boys I came back!

First thing, I want to tell to you is you don't need to use 7 pin modding by me... Because! I have investigated that P3 Copper, P3 Tualatin & Celeron datasheet is false.

Whattt?.. You said?.. Yes I did...

Latest Explanation:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AC33, Y37 and X4 is not connected to VSS (Ground) they are NC. AA37 and Y35 is not connected to VCC they are NC.
X34 and G37 is not connected to VTT they are NC too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whats up?

Using 7 pin modding is 5 pin modding now on! (4 pin for some Slotkets) Can insulate only AN1, AK4, AJ3, AG1 and AB36. (The 5th AB36 is better for decreasing the temperature a bit on some slotkets. Not for all, test yours own!) Other 2 of 7 pin modding at X4 and X34 faces to unused pins.

Yes I apologise, but false datasheet is not my fault! Assuming the unused pins were used, I have developed 7 pin modding before. Tie to AK4 to VTT or VCC is optional. You can build the bridge if your CPU not works as you know. Well I have talked about this modding a lot at this forum and don't want to talk about it much more.

But I want to add more fascinating things,

Some people are still wondering how this modding has arised. It is derived by Intel Pentium III Processor with 512KB L2 Cache Bus Terminator Design Guide called 24966101.pdf page 7, 13 (the 8th one is important for AG1) and 14. The AL1 pin is told to be NC but it is not used on the CPU and therefore not necessary to make any modding for this pin. You can check other pins if you wish. But AK36 is must have to touch the GND to disable 0.25V granulity down to 0.5V steps. C37 is good to tie to GND and itself is a GND on the CPU too. AF36 is DETECT (VCC Core Det is this pin) and automatically fits to GND.

My personal investigation is that, Reserved E21 is a VSS (Ground) and can be tie to GND on the Slotket for better ground. Q35 and Q37 is Reserved for factory use. Do not use those pins at random order. If you connect them both to VSS (Ground) your CPU may be UNLOCKED! if your bios will not prevent it.

I mean, the frequency multiplier can be out of order. Just like being on AMD CPU's. But that is %99 not supported by bios. If you turn on and off the Computer like that, or just enter into bios, you will have a warning of " ... improper frequency multiplier detected... bla bla " on the bios screen if you manually adjust a different CPU multiplier other than the original multiplier near the CPU highlight zone. (If you do not connect the Q35 and Q37 to GND this error message is not visible.) I still couldn't solve, nor succeed on breaking the ....... 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5 ....... settings.

Computer goes on the original multiplier regardless of the error message. For Cel 1200 I adjusted 3 to 8 instead of 12 for example to cope with that error message. Try if you wish on your motherboard. But be carefull on that! Do not push it too hard like a baby. Other Reserved pins are not used.

Bye, Have a good Summer!

I didn't understand? Do you want to mod Asus S370-DL to run Tualatin CPU like Slot-T adapter by Upgradeware? Yes you can.

Not only with Asus S370-DL there is Asus S370-133, ABit and branded many other ones having the TVC chip on board, (there are no TVC chip ones too but their performance is not so good therefore look for a Slotket having a TVC chip on it) Soltek Slotkets and No-Name Chinase adapters like Super Slotket III not works, do not try on them.

You only need to insulate AN1, AK4, AJ3, and AG1. AB36 can be insulated if you have a too high temp. If the mod totally not works you need to make a bridge between AK4 to VCC (easy to build by connecting AK4 to AK2 nearby) or VTT (AK4 to AN11 but quite difficult to reach.) That's it...

Cemal Gurel said:
I didn't understand? Do you want to mod Asus S370-DL to run Tualatin CPU like Slot-T adapter by Upgradeware? Yes you can.

Not only with Asus S370-DL there is Asus S370-133, ABit and branded many other ones having the TVC chip on board, (there are no TVC chip ones too but their performance is not so good therefore look for a Slotket having a TVC chip on it) Soltek Slotkets and No-Name Chinase adapters like Super Slotket III not works, do not try on them.

You only need to insulate AN1, AK4, AJ3, and AG1. AB36 can be insulated if you have a too high temp. If the mod totally not works you need to make a bridge between AK4 to VCC (easy to build by connecting AK4 to AK2 nearby) or VTT (AK4 to AN11 but quite difficult to reach.) That's it...

Thanks for your information. Can the above-mentioned slocket
be modified such that it can support two types of cpu at the same time, like slot-t??

khmok,
Actually I didn't read about dual mode support of Slot-T but if your modding slotket have dual processor support like Asus S370-DL (for Celeron and P3) or Asus S370-133 (Only for Celerons not for P3) they can probably support dual processing according to your motherboard capabilities.

By the way my efforts of braking a CPU multiplier is completely absurd, because I have tested it with my Celeron 1400. 1300 and 1400 processors are not supported by my bios and causes that frequency multiplier allowance by bios. So connecting Q35 and Q37 to GND have completely no effect on frequency multiplier. I apologise again... Q37 is told to be only usable for cA2 stepping based CPU's (by connecting to VTT at Intel's design guide that I newly found.) Q35 seemingly can be connectable to GND. (No corresponding data is available for this one.)

Cel 1300 with 133Mhz... SUCCESSS!

Oh Boy,
I did it again... Yihaaa!

My latest SL6JT tB1 coded Philippines CPU runs at 1740.72 Stable with my modded S370-DL Slotket on my Asus P3C-E at 1.7Volts.

It can even run at 1.65Volts but eDonkey2000 rarely generates program errors at that Volt but fine with 1.7Volts. Maybe an unistall and install may fix it but currently CPU consumes 61Watts. Phew... But I have a self made very good power supply. It has a very great stability. I have put about 50$ costed very good power capacitors 200Volt 820uf x2 and 16Volt 3300uf for 12Volt output 10Volt 6800uf for 5Volt output and 6.3Volt 6800uf for 3.3Volt output with 83 Ampere 30 Volt capable thumb finger sized 2xMos-Fets by my own. (I know about good power supplys really...)

SiSoft Sandra Max 3
CPU Benchmarks: 4723Mips and 2329MFlops
CPU Multi Media Benchmark: 9057 it/s and 11457 it/s

WCPUID / CPU Status Version 3.1a reading: 1740.71Mhz

That's the the end of the P3 Celeron adventure for me... I am thinking of buying a 64bit processor 2~3 years later when I actually need it. Here, of course my system is nearly upto-date in a way. With new PCI-interconnect slots and DDR4 ram I may have charmed when available.

Let me tell you those significant hints...
A 32bit operating system can only adress upto 4GB Ram and 2TeraByte HDD space. In year 2000 we have 20 GB HDD's now in year 2003 we have 200GB HDD's. Therefore in year 2005~2006 we will have 2TeraByte HDD's but that is the maximum limit for a 32Bit sytem. For that reason if you buy a new 32Bit P4 or P5 (Socket-T in 2004) you may use them until 2005~2006 originally. Do not give too much money on 32Bit CPU's today until year 2005. They soon get die. Update your current system slightly or simply add a new CPU (overclock it if you wish) or add more ram etc. Today AMD is passed to Opteron and Athlon 64 but they are so new and not much developed. Wait for new PCI interconnect, Serial ATA-300, newer 16x graphics with DDR4-Ram etc. Do not be upset because of others using faster CPU's. All current operating systems, including the programs and also including the internet programs will change totally with new 64Bit generation. Just wait and see. This will become like passing from Commodore 64 & Amiga to 486 & Pentium.

Good Luck...

That's a fantastic overclock Cemal. Congratualtions!

I can only placate my wallet right now buyin 32bit hardware as it is reaching end-of-life status but the prices are sooo dirt cheap. I look forward to 64bit processors and faster RAM yet I too can wait for the 64bit madness to settle down. 64bit Operating Systems to run your 64bit processors, 128bit RAM to keep those CPUs flowing, and then the applications need to be coded for 64bit. It sure isn't going to happen overnight so we can all sleep easy running Tualatin Celerons at 1.7 Ghz!! I sure enjoy having those extra $$$ in the bank having skipped most of the motherboard upgrades recently.

P.S. Very nice work on your power supply. :thup:

crush on BH6

The story so far...
I am using:
BH6 V1.0 BIOS SS the latest.
Slotket Asus S370-DL rev 1.02 or
MSI MS-6905 rev. 2.3 (both works the same)
Tualatin 1.2 made in Fhilippines, code: 7235B049-0537 CELERON SL6C8

Insulated pins AN3 AJ3 AK4, bridged AK4-AN11 and put some passive cooler on mosfets on the board, the frist day I bought Tualatin.
1st boot OK... started testing and comp. reset on starting preview of Earth 3D SpaceTour screen saver. (www.FPSSoftLab.com)
This happens almost every time (on win98se) but sometime runs for few secs. On win XP sometimes runs with no problem, sometimes not. Everything else seems to work fine.
Now what? First I reinstalled DirectX. No change. Then I took proc. out, checked isolations and connection... insulated not only pins on proc. but the holes in slotket too. No change. Used other slotket. No change. Changed default voltage, FSB speed, lower, higher. No change except on very high FSB (124 MHz) had problems with HDD which can be 'corrected' by putting UDMA to PIO4. All Sandra 2003 tests pass (CPU Arihmetic, CPU Multimedia, Memory...). But it seems that some operation crush the system. On the net I found CPU Burn-in test program
(http://users.bigpond.net.au/cpuburn/downloads/CPU_burn-in.zip) and it crush my system like that screen saver. Every time. Last thing I tried to remove AK4-AN11 bridge (which certainly works - checked with ohmmeter)... System crushed again at the same spot.

I really don't know what to do. In normal operations, even xvid encoding-decoding, I experience only one to two crushes a day but it's really, really annoying. Everything I've done doesn't seem to change a thing... it's frustrating. Now I'm suspecting the processor itself. Could it be defective? On the front side (where the pins are) some elements are
missing (little black thingies). What are those for?

If you can help, thanks
Sorry for all the trouble.

@ ALL: (also My Site info Link)

Wow, the revival of the Thread! Cemal Gurel welcome back! :) This your turn from 7 to 5 pin mod I have to study it again & other your stuff too when I will have time & will again open my Warp7-machine (other projects in my mind right now). About the unconnected pins: time ago I measured with an ohm-meter & I did not find any non-connected pins on the Tuallie, they are all connected to something the instrument showing but don´t know exactly what! Unlocking Intel? HuH, that would be an achievement (even more than running Tuallies on older boards!)

Heh, instead of so much writing on this thread like you did, you could actually make a website (same amount of work!) I did it last month from scratch learning by the way & you ALL are invited to visit my site at http://freeweb.siol.net/jerman55/HP/Spajky.htm , maybe you could find some interesting stuff there also & if you are in the bad mood, just search for more or less hidden links to open in a new window under sites elements to have some fun too! :)

PS: does anybody have saved the famous whole MadOnion Thread about the same topic? I would like to have it, but on Futuremark does not exist any more :-( ... BYE!

Re: crush on BH6

Vlaho said:
The story so far...
I am using:
BH6 V1.0 BIOS SS the latest.
Slotket Asus S370-DL rev 1.02 or
MSI MS-6905 rev. 2.3 (both works the same)
Tualatin 1.2 made in Fhilippines, code: 7235B049-0537 CELERON SL6C8

Insulated pins AN3 AJ3 AK4, bridged AK4-AN11 and put some passive cooler on mosfets on the board, the frist day I bought Tualatin.
1st boot OK... started testing and comp. reset on starting preview of Earth 3D SpaceTour screen saver. (www.FPSSoftLab.com)
This happens almost every time (on win98se) but sometime runs for few secs. On win XP sometimes runs with no problem, sometimes not. Everything else seems to work fine.
Now what? First I reinstalled DirectX. No change. Then I took proc. out, checked isolations and connection... insulated not only pins on proc. but the holes in slotket too. No change. Used other slotket. No change. Changed default voltage, FSB speed, lower, higher. No change except on very high FSB (124 MHz) had problems with HDD which can be 'corrected' by putting UDMA to PIO4. All Sandra 2003 tests pass (CPU Arihmetic, CPU Multimedia, Memory...). But it seems that some operation crush the system. On the net I found CPU Burn-in test program
(http://users.bigpond.net.au/cpuburn/downloads/CPU_burn-in.zip) and it crush my system like that screen saver. Every time. Last thing I tried to remove AK4-AN11 bridge (which certainly works - checked with ohmmeter)... System crushed again at the same spot.

I really don't know what to do. In normal operations, even xvid encoding-decoding, I experience only one to two crushes a day but it's really, really annoying. Everything I've done doesn't seem to change a thing... it's frustrating. Now I'm suspecting the processor itself. Could it be defective? On the front side (where the pins are) some elements are
missing (little black thingies). What are those for?

If you can help, thanks
Sorry for all the trouble.

Code:
                www                           www
                  www          wwwwww        www
                    www       www  www      www
                      www    www    www    www
                        www www      www www
                          www ww     ww www

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eee
                 eee
                 eee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eee
                 eee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LLL
                 LLL
                 LLL
                 LLL
                 LLL
                 LLL
                 LLL 
                 LLL
                 LLL
                 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 
                 LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ccccccccc
                     ccc              ccc
                    ccc
                   ccc
                  ccc
                  ccc
                  ccc
                   ccc
                    ccc
                     ccc               ccc
                           ccccccccc

ooooooo
                      ooo          ooo
                     ooo            ooo
                    ooo              ooo
                   ooo                ooo
                   ooo                ooo
                   ooo                ooo
                    ooo              ooo
                     ooo            ooo
                      ooo          ooo
                         oooooooo

mmmmm              mmmmm
                   mmm mm            mm mmm
                   mmm  mm          mm  mmm 
                   mmm   mm        mm   mmm
                   mmm    mm      mm    mmm
                   mmm     mm    mm     mmm
                   mmm       mm mm      mmm
                   mmm        mmmm      mmm
                   mmm                  mmm
                   mmm                  mmm

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eee
                 eee
                 eee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eee
                 eee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                 eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

to the forums :)

I will post a very dangerous thing now that I have done but did not wished to tell about 3 months not to cause anyone to hurt...

This is about unlocking an Intel CPU but I couldn't succeeded!

As you know there are 8 legged Capacitors in the bottom center of P3 Tualatin and Celerons. There are 12 capacitors on tA1 and 9 capacitors on tB1 revisions. For 12 cap tA1 the centered 8 of them are connected to VCC and the outer 4 of them are connected to VTT. For 9 cap tB1 the centered 6 of them are VCC and the outer 3 of them are VTT again.

What I have did to my tA1 Celeron 1400 is a mad thing!

I have removed 3 caps under the CPU but mistakenly (I am sometims absent minded) I have removed the opposite way ones! Ha Ha Ha... (the ones looking to V and T line pins 32~37)

What this caused? In the bios screen the CPU multiplier now moves from 3 to 8. (As you know 3 for PIII 300 processors 8 for PIII 800E processors etc.) But even though the controllable menu CPU runs at 1400Mhz still.

I have suspected about the originality of the 1400Mhz CPU in the beginning and assumed 1300Mhz can also be like that because my bios can not handle over 12 multiplier. A couple of weeks ago I have bought a Cel 1300 and see that it's CPU multiplier is constant (not allows 3 to 8) That means my faulty removal of 3 caps was causing the allowance of frequency multiplier! Ta Taaa...

I actually did not wished to post about this because of being dangerous and in fact unsuccesful unlocking experience. But for computer engineers and great professional CPU fanatics may go on and trace it possibly to derive and find the successive way may be?

If the caps once removed they are nearly impossible to re-solder because the capacitor parts are very sensitive. The metal attached 8 legs are separating from the body and become unusable if you want to re-solder them again. For that reason there is no way to return.

CPU keeps running if you won't remove all the caps. I later removed all the caps to see a successive result but this caused CPU to die! Therefore DO NOT try to remove all of the caps if you wish to test it!

Again, this explanation is only for Professionals who are familiar for those types of work and talented & capable of using my hint to develop with their superior knowledge for a finally successive unlocking method...

Maybe a writing on Computer bios or other pin connection ways! I actually traced and find 3 reserved pins such as E21 (Ground) Q35 (Very likely Ground) and Q37 (VTT, but connecting to VTT only advised for cA2 type P3 CPU's such as 800EB etc.) But those pins have no effect on unlocking success that I have seen myself. Other reserved pins are not used. They were left blank, unused.

If you know good professionals around you, please tell them about my attemts on unlocking an Intel CPU. They may catch attention on my way maybe?

I have a abit bx6r2 with slocket conveter will it work with a celly 1300.
confused about the multplier 13x. I dont care if it dose not report the corect speed but i whoud like it to run at 1.7 or better

Tualatin mod on Asus CUSL2

Hi all,

I have a problem in modding the asus cusl2 mainboard with
C1.1A, what i do is to insulate AN3, AJ3, AK4 pins and connect AK4 to AJ5 with a thin copper wire. It cannot post, even
clearing the cmos!!

Does anybody suggest what's wrong with the mod??

Thanks for help.

Re: Tualatin mod on Asus CUSL2

khmok said:
Hi all,

I have a problem in modding the asus cusl2 mainboard with
C1.1A, what i do is to insulate AN3, AJ3, AK4 pins and connect AK4 to AJ5 with a thin copper wire. It cannot post, even
clearing the cmos!!

Does anybody suggest what's wrong with the mod??

Thanks for help.

if u have a 1,475v cpu u should also connect vid25mv to vss!
the risk is to drive too much voltage on the cpu...

Back