• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi fellas

Does anyone know where I can get a Slocket adapter in the UK?
Ive looked everywhere I can think of but theres no joy Im afraid :(

Thanx in advance

Bias

My freind hepled me to modify the socket for Tualatin CPU...

But I don't know that how to do it....><

@ MCW: if you do not wanna read whole thread, go to - http://www.geocities.com/_lunchbox/ , there you will find concentrated info ... :)

@ Cemal Gurel: since I had to put my sistem apart for some other mods & replacing caps on my MoBo etc., I tried your 5-pin mod on my SuperSlotket-III (no-name generic China stuff) like I have it now with all needed previous mod by just isolating those another 2 pins not isolated before & it works Ok & temps are from onDie also a bit lower, not much, only a °C or two, but thats Ok.
I just have to mention, that I forgot to test before assembling machine together if it would work also w/o that "boot Bridge" too /maybe I will someday, who knows when/... I also enhanced my airFlow to have all fans on 5V = inaudible machine & tested today, how would it work so @ 35°C ambient (simulation with heating the setup!). At full load onDie temp arrived max. to 60°C (normally is 46° @ 20° ambient idle /old MoBo sensor says 10° less/, case closed, fans 5V, rock solid!) Check my site how I silenced my HD definetively - under comp/mods ... :) ...

@ ALL: Yep, the second time in the life of this thread:
-- Regards, MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR, SPAJKY ®
& visit my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com

First off my specs...
ASUS CUV4X-E Coppermine Socket370 rev1.05. BIOS 1005 Beta.
OEM Celeron Tualatin 1.0A.

Anyways... I started off by removing the three red pins. AN3, AJ3, and last but not least AK4. I know you guys reccomend against physically removing the 3 pins. But let me finish...:)

Next I put the tually in my board and it posted as Intel Celeron@ 667Mhz! By default, the board was running it at 66Mhz. I was surprised it got it right, but my board isn't that old anyways. I couldn't believe it posted on my first try!

Right away I went to the voltage settings and it was at 2.30v!! I was like holy crap, hopw is it running this high? When I went to select the voltage, to my dismay 2.30 was the lowest I could choose from! Highest being 2.90v. Temps were hitting low 60 degrees celsius... My hs/f is good but not at that voltage! So I shut down and let it cool off.

Next thing I had to do was get the default volatage down... So I took my motherboard out and flipped it upside down. Instead of nail polish, or IDE cable wires, conductive paint etc wrapping the pins on the CPU itself.. I just soldered a piece of 40 conductor IDE wire from AM34(VSS) to AK36(Vid25m) on the back of the motherboard. This was soooo easy compared to trying to wrap the damn pins on the cpu, which is what I tried before.

Having done the soldering, I put the board back in and went into the BIOS to check to see what my voltage choices were...! I was shocked... My voltage choices were now 1.25v lowest, all the way up to 1.55v! This was great! I could now choose 1.5v if I wanted. So I put the FSB at 100 and voltage at 1.5v and botted into windows xp. No problems, ran everything... games, prime95, sisoft sandra burn in for hours. Everything was perfect! But now I wanted to overclock... Maximum of 1.55v was not going to get me far at all... Got me to 112FSB but that was it.

So I proceeded to solder another wire to AM34(VSS)... this time it was AL37(Vid2). Having soldered that... I went into the bios and could now select voltages from 1.55v ~ 1.95v! I knew this was perfect.. I am now running at 1400Mhz, 140x10, 1.65v STABLE. I'm going to try for 1450 and 1500. I'll let you guys know how high I can get this chip. Although I'm pretty happy at 1400Mhz.

This was my first mod of this kind ever, and I guess I'm extremely lucky it worked out so perfect. I wouldn't have been able to do it without all the great suggestions in this thread. Thanks everyone.:)

BX133 with P-III-S Tualley won't reboot

Hi all,

If I've chosen the wrong place for this, my apologies, but my 'search' turned up nothing.

I have an abit bx-133 with a Lin-Lin, and have mounted a P-III-S 1.4GHz/512K cpu to it. System runs fine at 38 degrees C when oc to 1.5GHz. With a 144MHz FSB, the Siluro GF3 vid is running at 96MHz I presume, as I don't know how to verify that.

Deux Ex and Max Payne at 1280 and several DV-AVI to MPEG2 conversions have run for many hours, no problems.

However, I cannot soft reboot the system. Choosing 'restart' from WinME results in a normal shutdown to black screen, then nothing. Reset button has no effect at that point. Power switch is still in 4-second delay, so no prob there.

I have to turn the machine off, the turn it back on to reboot.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem? System temp is 35 degrees C, everything seems (very) fine, except for this.

Thanx for any pointers

carpe' cervesi
knf

in my experience that is an os error. updgrade to w2k or xp if you can. shut down manually in the mean time, especially as the failed reboots can trash your os. i had to do this for a while.

Yay! An email notification that didn't point me to a nV40 thread!

I agree with logos, sounds like an OS problem.

OS prob? This isn't a classic stuck at the "windoze is shutting down" situation, it has fully shut down, and the screen has 'warped' or whatever you would call it, to the black pre-BIOS screen. The GF3 BIOS screen just never appears. There is no "windoze was improperly shut down" message, etc.

Anyway, if that is the case, I'm outa luck, cuz win2k / xp are unnecessary for my business. That and the fact that I don't appreciate the ridiculous overhead.

Hmmm.... maybe try a different BIOS revision?

edit: will it restart normally at 133FSB?

Kinda' stuck there also, in order to have the latest Highpoint RAID bios, I am usin BER-72, no choice in the matter now, as i don't believe it is easily backed down.

As this is a BX board, I opened/first booted underclocked at 100MHz, then worked up to the present 144. No difference, hence my belief that it is not GF3 related, but who knows?

I could swear I read something like this sometime over the years, but cannot recall what the scoop was.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it is 'officially' my wife's machine. I modded this one since 16-20 hours of the day it's idle, and now I can do my DVD conversions there, or have two running if need be. Obviously reaching behind the machine to turn off the PS, or holding the switch is NOT something that she is used to, or appreciates <heheh>.

I have the parts to start swapping, if I thought there was any benefit, but it worked perfectly for 12 months before the cpu upgrade, so I'm not anxious to play with a stable system. Especially since I *Need* it to do those conversions.

Do you think I should put this in it's own subject line on abit boards?

edit: moved to its own/new thread - thanx.

Last edited:
I just bought a 1.3Ghz Tualatin Celeron yesterday. Now I figured I could use the same mod that I did with my 1.0A Tualatin Celeron. It doesn't boot... One thing I did notice was that my 1.3's default voltage is 1.5v and my old 1.0A is 1.475v. Are the pins different on the 1.5v Tualatin's vs the 1.475v Tualatin's?

Hi guys, sorry for this kind of revivage, but i have a question.
This thread is way too long for me to sit down and read it all so I'll just ask and hope someone has a real good explanation with pics (if possible) what I need to do exactly.
There's a Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X (VIA Apollo Pro 133 socket 370) board that I want to upgrade to a Tualatin P3 1.26GHz, I'm pretty sure it doesn't support Tualatins by default, so I want to ask you to give me the exact instruction (and pics if possible) on how to mod the motherboard so it can work with this CPU. I'm not going to be doing any overclocking on it, just run it at the default 133x9.5.
Any help is appreciated.

check out the intel sticky. Its tell you exactly how to get a tualatin working on a board without support.
No Pics, but i might have some if you are totally lost

Modified microcode in BIOS on P3

Dude the BP6 is a Dual PPGA mobo, its 1 of the most famous mobos out there, www.bp6.com

As for the microcode, I have a modified BIOS that has updated P3 microcodes, and ppl have been successfull @ modding the mobo to run dual P3s even without the Neo S370, but most ppl use the Neo S370 + a simple pin mod shown here: http://geta.yoh-tech.com/eng_bp6_pinasign.htm

Basically, with 2x Neo S370 and some simple mods + modified BIOS, the BP6 turns into a dual FC-PGA mobo supporting FC-PGA P3s, but whether or not it can support dual pin modded Tuallys is another question, cuz:

1) Is the modded BP6 100% FC-PGA compatible? (I assume that the pin modded Tuallys requires 100% FC-PGA mobos)

2) Can the BP6 handle the high multiplyers of Tuallys? (I assume yes)

3) Can the BP6 supply enough power to dual Tuallys? (The BP6 auto detects the voltage, and it can go as low as 1.1v I believe, but can the MOFSETs supply enough amps for dual >1.4Ghz Tuallys?)

Thanks

I'd much appreciate any help you could give to remove the boot up error,
Microcode was not found in the BIOS for the installed CPU,
I replaced a P3 1GHz( I think Coppermine) with a P3 1.4GHz Tualatin, CpuId 6B1/0, using a 370GU adapter. The F1 proceed isn't an issue, I need to use the PC in hibernate for remote application, the F1 prevents coming out of hibernate.

I'd much appreciate any help you could give to remove the boot up error,
Microcode was not found in the BIOS for the installed CPU,
I replaced a P3 1GHz( I think Coppermine) with a P3 1.4GHz Tualatin, CpuId 6B1/0, using a 370GU adapter. The F1 proceed isn't an issue, I need to use the PC in hibernate for remote application, the F1 prevents coming out of hibernate.

Can't you just turn off all error reporting in the bios?

Back