• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running Tualatin on CuMine MB w/o Powerleap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YIKES!! at least we know the search fuction works...

im confused as to why not go with newer hardware... as this is now really old stuff and someone might be able to mod the bios for you... it just doesnt seem like those people are around anymore...

YIKES!! at least we know the search fuction works...

im confused as to why not go with newer hardware... as this is now really old stuff and someone might be able to mod the bios for you... it just doesnt seem like those people are around anymore...

I injected support into my Abit BF6 and i am sort of still around :D

CPU will work just fine if the BIOS reads it wrong so its nothing to worry about.

Ahh, the good old days...

So who still runs Tualatins?

I've got four, all tB1 1200s, three running on P3B-Fs courtesy of Upgradeware slockets and the forth on a TUSL-C.

Abit ST6 in the garage still works just needs a better psu since i last tested it on a 350watt. i gave that psu to a friend since his died and i didnt use the st6/tually 1.2ghz celey TB1.

I got a 1.26S in the LR server. Its is encoding and running a Ts2 plus serves up vids and stuff. It has and Intel giga NIC and runs pretty good. CPU averages about 30%. I'll run it till something breaks and I need to rebuild the server. It will do 1.4mhz@150fsb. But I dont need it to do that. They are workhorses!:beer:

Nice thread, needs a revival ;

My uncle came with oldish HP VL400 (Celeron 600Mhz, 64Mb PC66) to see if I could do something just for web browsing or text use.
Added some stuff I already had (2 stick of RAM, 80Gb HDD), and a Pentium Tualatin 1,4Ghz ($6 from the bay).

I had to cut AN3, AJ3, AK4 => no post, connect AK4, AN11 => post but instable, connect AM34, AK36 => rock stable.

This platform now runs great, a shame i815 was designed to not allow more than 512Mb of RAM.

lol, this thread is nearly 7yrs old.

:welcome: to the forums!

All my Tuallies are still going strong.

I'll get right to the point.

I have a Asus CUV4X-D (dual socket)
and
2 SL6BY (1400/512/133/1.45) cpu's.

I was wondering if someone remembered the correct mod for these cpu's.
The following is what I think I'm suppose to do,
Cover AN3, AJ3 and AK4
Bridge AK4 to AK26
and as I understand it there is also a voltage mod but, these chips run at 1.45.
So would I need to mod the voltage?

I do not want to buy adapters. I just had these parts lying around and I figured...
Lastly, I do not wish to overclock these cpu's. I just wish to run them @ 1400.

Thank you for any help.
:)

Last edited:
Hello All,

I know this is an old thread, and you are probably all laughing reading this and saying "OMG you don't roll with one of those old hunks of junk do ya?"

But yes I do here's my rigs current specs

MSI 694D Pro2 Ver:2.0 (Dual Coppermine Socket 370)
2 x PIII 1GHz Processors O/clock to 1035MHz 138x7.5
Each processor cooled with a ThermalTake Super Orb dual fan cooler
Northbridge fitted with standard Intel socket 5 cooler & 50mm fan
2 x 512Mb Infineon PC133 RAM
Radeon 9600 256Mb AGP Video Card]
Video Card Cooled with Artic Cooling ATi Silencer 2
Gigabit Ethernet Card
7:1 Sound Card
Dual 19" CRT Screens
PCI SATA adapter card.
2 x 500GB SATA HDD
ASUS DVD RW Drive
80GB ATA100 HDD
Custom Modded case with Window, extra fan holes, custom paint inside and out, 600W PSU

As you can read from the specs list, I'm pretty much at the limits (and maybe even past them) of this motherboard.

There isn't a single component that hasn't been stuffed with in some way. The only things I can upgrade and still keep this mobo are.

- Go to a pair of PIII 1.4GHz Tualatin Processors
- Track down another pair of 512Mb Sticks of RAM

The Tualatin processor Mod is what brought me to this thread. I'll post a reply with my results once I get my hands on my new Tualies.

cuv4x-d

coffee head I'm doing exactly what your doing describe to me everything you did to get them working please

i have the same setup

Hi OC, guys!
I have an old Chaintech Intel 815 rev A2 motherboard with Celeron 850MHz Copermine. I have a 1200MHz Celeron Tualatin. By default, the Tualatin is not supported to this motherboard (already checked and tried). Is it worth trying to remove three pins mentioned in the begining of this tread? Would it work?

Hi OC, guys!
I have an old Chaintech Intel 815 rev A2 motherboard with Celeron 850MHz Copermine. I have a 1200MHz Celeron Tualatin. By default, the Tualatin is not supported to this motherboard (already checked and tried). Is it worth trying to remove three pins mentioned in the begining of this tread? Would it work?

there is the chance it would work but if you can find an older timer. up to you on what to do... you could give it a shot, 1.2ghz celeron tuallies are rather cheap on ebay.

Here is my result: After removing those three pins bios boots up, and shows the processor as the Pentium III 172 MHz (43x4.0) At the time to boot from hdd the pc reboots. Tried to raise the bus speed in bios, but then system simply hangs at the time it has to boot from hdd. Perhaps i need to connect those two pins, mentioned in the begining of this thread.

Looks like you have it working some what based on what you see at POST. I also saw some crazy numbers on mine.

Can you get into windows under stock speeds and see what CPU-Z has to say?

It is sad, but I can't. System restarts on the moment the bood from disk begins. Now I'm seeking for something like cunductive trace pen, or some substitute of it. I hope connecting AK4 and AK26 will help. It's just not as easy as it was to remove three pins.

dug up the old intel sticky for you
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187691

I would give it a quick read over...

Now this is what worked for me on a BX board.
I never had an 815, but it should still be the same:

You missed the Tualatin on BX....
On the CPU
Insulate AN3 , AK4 , AJ3
then Bridge AK4 to AN11

on some slotkets that will not post with only the above mod, some addition bridging must be doneon the slotket to post
for example an Aopen Slotket needs this bridge (as it doesnt come connected from the manufacture)
G35 to G37

Also many people recomend setting the defualt Vcore to 1.65V to help post/stability while overclocking

for a 1.45V & 1.475 Tualatin
VID 2 to VSS

for a 1.5V tualtin
Vid 1 to VSS
Vid 0 to VSS

As for the pins you said you are about to bridge.
I am not sure where you read that as that is difference information that

Also i hope you didnt remove any pins other than the 3 I listed above.
That is a confirmed working method.

Hello guys

I have
motherboard: Asus CUV4X-E
cpu: Intel Pentium III 1400-S, SL6BY , stock 1.45V

How can i give my cpu some voltage to boot up on the motherboard? What do you recommend? I need a'n advice. Thanks in advance!

Back