• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 2600 on water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudajama

So I am about to do some upgrading. I have my fx8320 ocd to 4.5ghz. my wc loop keeps it around 55-60 under load. I've looked around and can't find much on anyone putting a ryzen 5 2600 non x on water. I know it's like half the tpu so is it just so low power that no one wastes the time. I thought about just going to air but why lol.

So now that the back story is out of the way. Has anyone here liquid cooled a 2600? What were your results? Thanks

I have one under an Eisbaer 480 AIO just because it was free. Running at 4.2 GHz all cores 1.3V and it barely breaks a sweat. But as you said a good air cooler will handle these CPU which also have a much higher threshold than the FX dii. Up to 100C compared to 60C. As you said if you have it you might as well use it. The mount is slightly different than AM3+ so check your blocks compatibility

Haven't tried mine on water, but I did run Cinebench R15 on air (Noctua D9L stolen from my 1700). Mine did 4.15 at 1.30v set, and 4.20 at 1.35v set. Temps to low 70's, but this wasn't a sustained load. I was having to increase voltage every 0.05 GHz step at this point so the limit probably isn't far off. Good water might get you to 4.3 bench stable, at a guess, depending on how much voltage you want to throw at it.

Awesome! I'll have to either buy a new block or redesign my mounting which is custom already. Probably going to just redesign because this block is awesome even tho it's circa 2008. Just was curious what to expect based on you alls results 😀

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Good lord. I'm going to be running cold as all hell then😁😁😁😁

The Asus CrossHair VI has AM3 mounting screw holes along with AM4. It’s not the latest chipset but it will run a 2000 series.

This thread got my attention cause I am currently gathering the parts for a liquid cooled ryzen 5 2600 build. Like you i have not seen much on that chip on water so i figured, why the hell Not? This will also be my first wc build. Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anything else is said.

Back