• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3 1300X Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yodivanbaped

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm here to ask about overclocking on Ryzen 3 1300X

Right now I have my R3 1300X on 3.9Ghz with 1.35625v stable, tested with AIDA64.

I'm wondering if anyone has it at 4Ghz? Because I'm planning to have it at 4Ghz too, but whats the stable voltage for the speed? I'm asking because I'm avoiding the overclock fails and I have to reset CMOS, its a bit of work because I need to open my case and etc.

Here is my full rig information:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300X
MB: ASRock B350 Pro4
Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
Hard Drives: 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Power Supply: Bitfenix Whisper 550W 80+ Gold
Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx 400 White Edition

Thanks before.

PS: I'm pretty new to overclocking, I did my overclock by looking at guides on the internet.

Voltage requirements are usually unique to the CPU but I'd start at 1.4V and go from there. I also don't feel that AIDA64 is enough of a test for these CPUs. I run Prime95 custom with 13000 MB of ram selected.

Voltage requirements are usually unique to the CPU but I'd start at 1.4V and go from there. I also don't feel that AIDA64 is enough of a test for these CPUs. I run Prime95 custom with 13000 MB of ram selected.

ah I will try to test it with the software you mentioned above.

start at 1.4V and go down from there? or go up?

and fyi I overclock mine from BIOS not the Ryzen Master software

thanks before

Yes up or down from there. 90 % of the Ryzen CPUs need 1.4v or more at 4.0GHz from my experience. I would test at your current 3.9 GHz with P95 before you move up.

Also better don't touch Ryzen software as it sometimes acting weird. BIOS is always better option for overclocking.
As Johan said, most Ryzens will need 1.4V if not more to run at 4GHz. I would also check if there is any LLC or other option which is stabilizing voltage. Maybe check if under load CPU voltage is close to what you set in BIOS or is lower. If it's too low under full load then of course CPU won't be stable.

That reminds me there is new BIOS for my board.

Yes up or down from there. 90 % of the Ryzen CPUs need 1.4v or more at 4.0GHz from my experience. I would test at your current 3.9 GHz with P95 before you move up.

Alright I'm testing with P95 right now, will see if its stable or not and then decide to move up or not.

Also better don't touch Ryzen software as it sometimes acting weird. BIOS is always better option for overclocking.
As Johan said, most Ryzens will need 1.4V if not more to run at 4GHz. I would also check if there is any LLC or other option which is stabilizing voltage. Maybe check if under load CPU voltage is close to what you set in BIOS or is lower. If it's too low under full load then of course CPU won't be stable.

That reminds me there is new BIOS for my board.

Guess I have max 1.400v for VID and 1.388v for VDD (checked on HWMonitor), and max temp is at 72 celcius. I run it for around 30 minutes.

Is it safe enough to go up to 1.4v and 4Ghz?

Last edited:
Seems to be, no guarentee it'll be stable. Did you check BIOS for CPU LLC ? It will help if your voltage drops

So you're saying the BIOS locks up when you try to save it ? It's possible that it's not quite stableor that motherboard BIOS still isn't doing well.I have found with Ryzen the BIOS can be very "delicate" for lack of a better work. When flashing it's best to go to defaults. Then flash the BIOS using the BIOS utility restart then clear the CMOS again.
If you have had some crashes that necessitated a CMOS clear then you should add some time to it. or even remove the board battery then set the jumper for 10 minutes. Replace battery then jumper then power on.

hmm maybe? Its like just black screen after I press the power button. And I guess someone have the same problem here
I also did the things he mentioned there, disabled the AM4 Advanced Boot Training and Full HD UEFI and still have the problem. Don't think my overclock fail tho because I tested it with both AIDA65 and P95. Maybe I should wait for another BIOS update?

That issue seemed to be related, so the author says, to the AMD RX video cards.

That's why I pointed that out. I doubt it's the same issue.
First thing I would try is what I mentioned earlier. When you go to bed tonight power the box off completely set the CMOS jumper and pull the battery just let it sit like that overnight. Might help might not but it's free.

That's why I pointed that out. I doubt it's the same issue.
First thing I would try is what I mentioned earlier. When you go to bed tonight power the box off completely set the CMOS jumper and pull the battery just let it sit like that overnight. Might help might not but it's free.

I'm afraid I cannot do that, I have a warranty seal on my battery, but I can set the jumper. Personally I think its either how the board behave to the overclock or the Boot Training, I have AM4 Advanced Boot Training set to disable tho.

Bump!

I guess I've found a clue, I downgrade my BIOS to P2.60 (was using the newest P3.20 before) and so far its running good, tried several restarts and shutdown, my PC boot normally with 3.9Ghz at 1.35625v and Boot Training on. I guess I'll just stick to this now and monitor the behavior of my PC.

That's the best solution. It was definitely a firmware problem to me.

That's the best solution. It was definitely a firmware problem to me.

Too bad the website don't have the P2.40 anymore, I think that version is the best for overclocking (according to youtube review). And the reason I choose P2.60 is because it has AGESA 1.0.0.6 while P3.0 has 1.0.0.6a (a for alpha?) and P3.20 which I was using before has 1.0.0.6b (b for beta?)

Bump!

Seems like I still have the problem after downgrading the BIOS. Everything’s working fine if I have the overclock on Auto mode, which I have right now. If I overclock my CPU, there’s always chance that the black screen appear, I guess its a hardware issue, maybe I got a sh*t board that behave weirdly to an overclocked CPU.

Like I said it's a firmware/boardd issue IMO

Yep you were right, guess I’ll change this board when new chipset arrive, gotta bear to use this for several months for now, thanks for your help, I finally find the problem hahha its been a long troubleshooting

Back