• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3 1300X Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, a ways off then. I hadn't hard of any new chipsets in the pipe for AMD anytime soon. But I would be skeptical that the new chipset you speak of will be compatible with your current Ryzen CPU.

Okay, a ways off then. I hadn't hard of any new chipsets in the pipe for AMD anytime soon. But I would be skeptical that the new chipset you speak of will be compatible with your current Ryzen CPU.

ah I see. well if its not compatible I might just go with X370 later next year or get a new CPU too haha RIP wallet

The current generation of Ryzen has a built in memory controller compatible with DDR4 but it will not work with DDR5.

The current generation of Ryzen has a built in memory controller compatible with DDR4 but it will not work with DDR5.

yeah what I meant is either get a new board with same CPU, or get the upcoming Ryzen CPU + new board and possibly DDR5 Memory

Remember the problem that you had you cpu not ocing correctly? Well I solved it.

I think I'm about to solve my problem too, I got a new R5 1600X and sold my R3 1300X, and still having the same problem, I'm pretty sure the problem is on my motherboard...

Have you updated the BIOS recently. There were issues with some of the older ones and They're using the newest AGESA now. Hopefully that will solve your problem. What you were seeing wasn't board specific it was something to do with AMDs coding and should be fixed now.

Yes up or down from there. 90 % of the Ryzen CPUs need 1.4v or more at 4.0GHz from my experience. I would test at your current 3.9 GHz with P95 before you move up.

Agreed. My R3 1300X needs 1.4v to get to 4.0Ghz and beyond. AMD still power hungry when passing 3.8-3.9Ghz you need to crank up the voltage (not just that voltage either). Sure would be nice if AMD could get past the voltage vs speed issue.
The GA-AB350M seems to be a good MB so far for me.

Ryzen 2000 series should OC better. Current gen is not overclocking well just because Ryzen was designed as low power chip. It has great efficiency, better than anything Intel released ... but at low frequency, below what we see in retail CPUs.
I don't think that AMD will move to DDR5 in next 2 years, even if we see premieres on the Intel side ( and I doubt they will move so fast too ). Next 2 generations will still use DDR4 and next gen of CPUs will use the same chipsets as we have now. There will be one new chipset but nothing what is a must for most users. More PCIE lanes what is not required even for more demanding gaming computers.

Back