• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3000 ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Finally got my new parts to "upgrade" my PC.

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming

Ryzen 3700x and a 970 Samsung EVO M2 SSD

My question is this.

My MOBO box says "Ryzen 3000 ready"? From what I read, this means that the mobo is ready to accept the 3700x cpu without having to use BIOS flashback tool before booting into BIOS.

Is this correct or will I still have to use bios flashback before I can get into BIOS? Is BIOSrenamer still a thing? I can't find it anywhere and it didn't come included with my BIOS zip file.

Last edited:
If you look on your motherboard's support page you'll find a CPU support list which shows what clus are compatible with your board at which bios. ;)

That said, x570 was made specifically for ryzen 3000 series so all of them (except the new XT chips) will work out of the box.

Bios renamer? Not sure what that is but you don't need it to flash stock bios'.

A couple of months back, someone here posted issues with not being able to get POST on this exact board. He had to use bios flashback tool to update the boards bios. Poor guy spent days trying to figure out what the issue was and it turned out to be this. I've contacted him via PM to ask if his board also said "ryzen 3000 ready". We'll see what he says.

A couple of months back, someone here posted issues with not being able to get POST on this exact board. He had to use bios flashback tool to update the boards bios. Poor guy spent days trying to figure out what the issue was and it turned out to be this. I've contacted him via PM to ask if his board also said "ryzen 3000 ready". We'll see what he says.
Who was that What? Link the thread please... that doesn't sound right.

What are you asking him that you can't find out by looking at the cpu support page? Whats the worst that happens, you bios flashback? But as I said x570 supports ryzen 3000 series out of the box. That is the chipset for those cpus (again, minus the XT clus that came out a few days ago).

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_CPU/

Ryzen 3000 Ready is a common sticker on all motherboards which were released just after Ryzen 3000 premiere. All X570 support that by default and don't need any new BIOS but B450/X470 or older motherboards which left the factory before Ryzen 3000 premiere required BIOS update. All B450/X470 after the premiere had that Ryzen 3000 Ready sticker because already had a new BIOS.

If someone couldn't post with the X570 and required to flash BIOS then the BIOS itself was faulty in some way.

Last edited:
Preparing for all scenarios? If it doesn't drop in and work, you may have to use the BIOS Flashback. There, prepared. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill! :)

That said, in looking at his thread, he had trouble accessing the BIOS...nowhere did he mention a BIOS flashback resolved it in the thread you linked. Note if you want to link a specific post, you can. Simply copy the URL on the post number (right click copy link address).

However, after digging, I found the right thread and actual post where he says so!! https://www.overclockers.com/forums...ect-Keyboard?p=8137717&viewfull=1#post8137717

Now we have that straight, I remember that thread. Sounds like a bad BIOS was installed on his board or something and was a keyboard issue. That doesn't mean it will happen to you. And if it does, see the first sentences in this post. :)

Probably the keyboard wasn't standard. There were some updates for more ASUS X570 motherboards with compatibility fix for various devices. I think that my Crosshair VIII Impact had something for keyboard support too.

Preparing for all scenarios? If it doesn't drop in and work, you may have to use the BIOS Flashback. There, prepared. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill! :)

That said, in looking at his thread, he had trouble accessing the BIOS...nowhere did he mention a BIOS flashback resolved it in the thread you linked. Note if you want to link a specific post, you can. Simply copy the URL on the post number (right click copy link address).

However, after digging, I found the right thread and actual post where he says so!! https://www.overclockers.com/forums...ect-Keyboard?p=8137717&viewfull=1#post8137717

Now we have that straight, I remember that thread. Sounds like a bad BIOS was installed on his board or something and was a keyboard issue. That doesn't mean it will happen to you. And if it does, see the first sentences in this post. :)

Yeah I realized it was the wrong thread. I corrected it :D

Thanks.

Soooooooooo, enjoy your new setup! In case it doesn't work, be prepared to Flashback.

Keep us posted!

She's up and running. Had no issues other than my own brain mixing up the USB drives I was using to update BIOS and install Windows :p

Now to all the nitty gritty with software, drivers and OC'ing or mostly, tuning the BIOS settings, since default are probably not that great.

Won't likely get much in terms of OC. Just double check your memory speed is correct and you are likely good to go.

Won't likely get much in terms of OC. Just double check your memory speed is correct and you are likely good to go.

The one thing I'd like to do is lower the vCore if possible? Unless auto settings no longer overvolt the cpu's as was the case in the past?

The one thing I'd like to do is lower the vCore if possible? Unless auto settings no longer overvolt the cpu's as was the case in the past?

When the CPU down clocks at idle the voltage will drop accordingly if settings are left on auto.

Ok, so the only thing I'll be messing with is my fan profiles, DOCP and C-states so I don't have lights on when I shut down...makes sense?

Ok, so the only thing I'll be messing with is my fan profiles, DOCP and C-states so I don't have lights on when I shut down...makes sense?
It's your system... set it up however you like! :)

I don't mess with C-states (isn't that an Intel thing anyway?)... DOCP sets up your memory, and your fan profile is clearly up to you.

One last thing. The CPU additional 4 pin power cable. I read that it's not needed unless one does extreme OCing? I put it in but I'm thinking to remove it to save myself the additional cable to manage in the case.

I had issues with a keyboard that has a use hub in it and a BIOS update fixed that, BIOS did not see the KB, had to install OS with a PS2 KB before I found out about the BIOS update.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

If you look on your motherboard's support page you'll find a CPU support list which shows what clus are compatible with your board at which bios. ;)

That said, x570 was made specifically for ryzen 3000 series so all of them (except the new XT chips) will work out of the box.

Bios renamer? Not sure what that is but you don't need it to flash stock bios'.

What is a clus? :rofl: I know what you mean.

One last thing. The CPU additional 4 pin power cable. I read that it's not needed unless one does extreme OCing? I put it in but I'm thinking to remove it to save myself the additional cable to manage in the case.
Correct. It is optional.

What is a clus? I know what you mean.
:rofl:

It's how my phone likes to say CPU. :D

Back