• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ryzen 7 1700x overclock advise.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bomkata

hi im new to the board i had a quick question.

i can get my ryzen to 4.0 at stock voltage with my memery at 3000mhz, if i up the voltage to 1.3999 i can get 4.1 on the cpu but have to bring my mem down to 2400mhz. im not sure which will give me better performance im thinking the 4.0 with higher memory as that gave me a higher cinabench score. thanks for the help .

You're thinking is right mostly due to the way the Ryzen is built. Having the higher ram speed also increases the Infinity fabric speed which ties the whole CPU together.

You're thinking is right mostly due to the way the Ryzen is built. Having the higher ram speed also increases the Infinity fabric speed which ties the whole CPU together.

do you mind expanding on this im new to ryzen cpu this being my first one :)

The Ryzen 8 core CPU is made from two 4 core 8 thread core complexes. The Infinity fabric joins these two modules together the faster the Infinity fabric the faster the cores can communicate with each other. The IF is tied to the memory speed so the faster the memory the faster the IF runs

thank you im going to back to the 4.0 ghz with stock voltage and my memory at 3000mhz looks like ill get better performance that way

Back