• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen owners chime in please if you play Arma 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

Im planning to build a new gaming rig using my current Gtx 1080 and slap a Gtx 970 in my current rig. The only reason I ever switched to Intel is because of Arma 3. I went from a AMD 955BE to my Intel I7 4770k which gave huge improvements, but now that Arma is better optimized and AMD has huge IPC gains I am probably gonna get a new 2700x or whatever its actually called or the 1920x threadripper if I can find a good deal on a motherboard. (BTW Microcenter has the 1920x for $549 right now) (Note I understand having more cores is not going to help in Arma 3 I need the extra threads for Blender etc.)

I just wanna know how the current Ryzen chips perform on Arma 3 post your results for me and system specs if you don’t mind.

P.S. Would Arma 3 benefit from quad channel ram with load times I play with tons of mods or would it even be noticeable vs dual channel?
Thanks all in advance,

Shadow

The intel cpus still generally handle gaming a bit better than ryzen...unless the game is able to utilize all the cores, the slightly higher ipc and much higher clocks when overclocked will win out in many cases. It isnt by much, but..its there.

I don't play Arma3 but I found a vid comparing 1800x to 7900X
at high settings they're pretty colse

Back