• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabeetooth blue screen on startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

Just installed the saber tooth from a gigbyte board and when Windows is loading I now keep getting bsod. I can't freeze the blue screen to see what's going on.

Mobo only hardware change.

Fx 6300
Gtx760
8 gig g skill ripjaw
Asus dsx sound card

The only ways I know to fix this issue are with Windows install media, you'll need to get some.

you must reinstall when you make a major motherboard change.
you should find a product key on your case some place and can download a copy of your operating system at microsoft.com.

you should find a product key on your case some place and can download a copy of your operating system at microsoft.com.

I can't download because I can't load Windows...
I have key..just no CD.

Do you think this is issue? I can use bios..I can get into recovery...but both drives are failing to load Windows and blue screen.

Way in bios to freeze on blue screen?

you're going to have to get a windows cd some how. you might have to go to a library or some thing to download one, but for the life of me I don't know how you would burn the image.
can you throw the old board in?

Guess. Have to go buy.

We sure this is case...is lot of money

No it's dead. Hopefully I can just install Windows..need the data on it

Try booting in safe mode. (F8 at boot up) If you get into windows, un-install any Gigabyte software. Then it may boot normally.

W7 generally hot swaps nicely, but sometimes the software that comes with the boards don't mix.

Try booting in safe mode. (F8 at boot up) If you get into windows, un-install any Gigabyte software. Then it may boot normally.

W7 generally hot swaps nicely, but sometimes the software that comes with the boards don't mix.

I should of installed drivers first..my mistake

I wasn't able to get into safe mode. Option never showed

No it does not just come up and say ah hah do you want enter Safe Mode? My CHV-Z and I guess other Asus boards are using the F8 key to go to boot to what drive menu which IS ALSO the key to press enter M$ boot area where you can choose boot to Safe Mode. It is really tricky but you can still use F8 key to make a choice to go to Safe Mode but you have to be quick and ready to hit F8 key just about the time you know the last bios boot screen is fixing to disappear and it would go onto boot into windows. I said it is "tricky" and not easy to get to the place where pressing F8 will allow for choosing boot to Safe Mode. Got to get that F8 key just right not to soon or not too late.

RGone...

EDIT:
Maybe an easier way without having to touch the F8 key at the 'exact' time. (which I use).

Might try from Asus VIP forums:
How exactly do I get into safe mode? I have tried f8 at boot up, after the Asus screen, before during and after the windows splash screen. this is driving me crazy. I got the live security virus and need to get into safe mode.

If you press F5 after the beep you get a screen that gives you the option to boot the operating system and the option to press F8 for advanced options which gives you the safe mode etc.
END EDIT.

Last edited:
No it does not just come up and say ah hah do you want enter Safe Mode? My CHV-Z and I guess other Asus boards are using the F8 key to go to boot to what drive menu which IS ALSO the key to press enter M$ boot area where you can choose boot to Safe Mode. It is really tricky but you can still use F8 key to make a choice to go to Safe Mode but you have to be quick and ready to hit F8 key just about the time you know the last bios boot screen is fixing to disappear and it would go onto boot into windows. I said it is "tricky" and not easy to get to the place where pressing F8 will allow for choosing boot to Safe Mode. Got to get that F8 key just right not to soon or not too late.

RGone...

EDIT:
Maybe an easier way without having to touch the F8 key at the 'exact' time. (which I use).

Might try from Asus VIP forums:
How exactly do I get into safe mode? I have tried f8 at boot up, after the Asus screen, before during and after the windows splash screen. this is driving me crazy. I got the live security virus and need to get into safe mode.

If you press F5 after the beep you get a screen that gives you the option to boot the operating system and the option to press F8 for advanced options which gives you the safe mode etc.
END EDIT.

yeah, I just kept getting boot options with no safe mode option as I spammed f8. Didn't know that was the case.

I would try, but ive already purchased windows 8 from bestbuy and installed it :(

Why did you buy W8 when it's just going to upgrade to W10.... much like your W7 would have done. That was a waste of moneys.

You could have DLed and burned a 7 disk and just used your W7 key. Return W8.

Looks like its time to build another computer so you don't let that copy of windows go to waste.

Back