• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX & AMD FX-9370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya thought so, any word on the CC? There was some stuff a while back about re-naming and format but haven't heard much lately.

No overclock, I did have to bump the ram voltage up from 1.5V to 1.55V for the system to be stable with 4GHZ for CPU and 1.6GHZ for ram.

If you're hitting 40C with stock speeds then I doubt you could hold 4.4GHz with that cooler.

Don't think it really matters since Whitehawk is going for stability not performance. It still holds true that the OP is going to need good cooling for his 9370.

Don't think it really matters since Whitehawk is going for stability not performance. It still holds true that the OP is going to need good cooling for his 9370.

I agree with that whole-heartedly.
Probably wanted something quieter than stock since he's folding.

Just trying to make sure the OP knows that mid-range air won't cut it.

that "slight smell" post bothers me.
did you remove the plastic from the bottom of the heatsink?

the ulta psu, if it's like mine it's multi rail, besure the cpu and gpu are not on the same rail.

go into bios and reset to defaults and see if that clears it up.

that "slight smell" post bothers me.
did you remove the plastic from the bottom of the heatsink?

the ulta psu, if it's like mine it's multi rail, besure the cpu and gpu are not on the same rail.

go into bios and reset to defaults and see if that clears it up.

Nice catch C_D, I forgot about the plastic protector they put on some of those.

I agree, just make sure the HS (air or water) can out perform the CPU or there will be smoke. :chair::)

AMD's response regarding the FX-9370,
"We are very sorry for the lack of response and extended wait time in dealing with your request.
It is better to use water-cooling than air-cooling to combine with FX9370 as its thermo is large. Cooling equipment Such as CORSAIR, Coolermaster, etc. You can search the web for more details and decide which one. As for the voltage, its range is 1.3750V~1.5375V, and the Case Temp of FX9370 is 57°C, usually you can get the socket Temp form some software or BIOS , the Socket Temp is usually 5-10 °C higher above the Case Temp.

Thanks for contacting AMD, if any other concerns, please let us know."

... I was originally going to install Noctua NH-D14 Heatsink+Fan, but after reading this response from their helpDesk am now definitely considering attempting to fit some sort of Closed-Circuit WaterBlock

I agree with Johan he's used the one he linked on his. I'd be surprised if the H80i will be any better then the Noctua.

You need AT LEAST 120.2 worth of radiator for that CPU. It puts out 220W for crying out loud.

The very top-end of air coolers will handle it, and the top-end of AIOs will handle it.

Past that, good luck staying stable.

Back