• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990FX prob w/W7 Home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Weatherlite

I recently had to install W-7 Home in place of my Pro. Yes, a downgrade...long story. I didn't do a wipe and reinstall. Instead I used a utility to mod some settings and then installed it right over the top. Didn't lose any data either. Anyway....the problem I'm having is that now my AsusII suite is having random issues. This is a mobo utility program. It glitches on bootup occasionally but most times it loads fine. If it loads, it doesn't have any issues at all no matter how long I have the computer up. I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled, yet I still have the occasional issue. Anyone else have any knowledge or experience with this program having issues with W7 Home? Yes, I did look for updates to the program, all patches/updates for windows are installed. It's no biggie for me as I barely use it anyway, just wanted to see what info was out there.

Thanks!

I would imagine that hacking the registry to install the lesser home edition of Win 7 has a major finger in the pie with your AI Suite issue. We just have not had many if any AI Suite issues as you describe, noted in the AMD section. We have seen plenty running Win 7 home without any AI Suite issues.

I think you would find that you would wind up spending a lot more time trying to fix this thing than you would just reinstalling Windows from scratch. If you have the upgrade version of Win 7 you can do a clean install without having an earlier OS already in place. Just install Windows 7 on top of itself. Do the base install in "Custom" mode without inputting the key. Then reinstall from within Windows but this time as an upgrade. I always do it this way even though I own a legit copy of XP because the install is cleaner and without bugs.

We'll see I guess. I'll let it sit for a while and see what happens. As I said, I barely use it anyway, so if it does keep acting up I'll either give a clean install a go or try another uninstall/reinstall.

Thanks for the tips gents.

After doing a full uninstall using ASC5 and then reinstalling it worked just fine. I think the registry modding mucked up something that the normal uninstall didn't catch. On a side note, I was able to reinstall 7 Pro when I did my new SSD and AI works just fine there as well.

Back