• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990fx R2 & Gskill f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NZKshatriya

DMCA Violated Member
Ok. So I fixed one issue with the board not booting correctly, by having the board do the timings for this ram.

Have two sets of f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr by Gskill. Supposedly they are supposed to run at 9-10-9-28-2N @ 1.50v and were tested @ 1866Mhz by Gskill.

If I set the timings manually, I end up having some boot issues. Currently with the board configuring the ram, settings are at:
797Mhz (11-11-11-28)

Going to try manually setting the timings again, and getting the speed to where it is advertised again, but....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok. So I fixed one issue with the board not booting correctly, by having the board do the timings for this ram.

Have two sets of f3-14900cl9d-8gbsr by Gskill. Supposedly they are supposed to run at 9-10-9-28-2N @ 1.50v and were tested @ 1866Mhz by Gskill.

If I set the timings manually, I end up having some boot issues. Currently with the board configuring the ram, settings are at:
797Mhz (11-11-11-28)

Going to try manually setting the timings again, and getting the speed to where it is advertised again, but....Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Being that you're running 4 x 4 gig sticks, the CPU's IMC might need a little voltage bump to help. Set the CPU/NB to 1.25v manually and then set the rams speed and timings manually also.

Thanks again Mr. Scott.

Just did so, and for the moment it seems to be happy and purring right along.

Will run Prime95 for a while, make sure I do not get any jitters/freezes.

Not going to push this system too far, only had $600 and a few salvaged parts for this build, and I am only 3 weeks into the fall semester.

Back