• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth 990fx Raid question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anonymous11

Registered
Hi All,

I have a question that I have been trying to research. As part of a planned upgrade for my system I am looking to add a second SSD to my system in RAID 0 to the one that is currently installed. I would then like to replace 2 of my other 3 hard drives (while adding 1 or 2 more) and have them set in RAID 10.

Does anyone know if the Sabertooth will support running 2 separate RAIDs, or should I be looking at adding a RAID controller card to the system to accomplish this feat? (I have tried searching this for the last week or so, have found many ways to setup one or the other, but not whether it can handle both)

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have seen a few users with Raid 0 on ports 0 and 1 and raid 5 on the remaining SB950 ports.

I am looking to add a second SSD to my system in RAID 0 to the one that is currently installed. = >> you do know that will require you setup raid 0 array and REinstall windows and your apps to the array?

I do, but as I keep everything (other than windows, programs included) on a separate Hard drive(s), I do not see that as much of an issue. as with everything else the rebuild for all of that should be quick and smooth and not take more than a weekend.

Good luck to you then. Most had rather face a firing squad it seems than to do an install of windows.

I do, but as I keep everything (other than windows, programs included) on a separate Hard drive(s), I do not see that as much of an issue. as with everything else the rebuild for all of that should be quick and smooth and not take more than a weekend.

I have found that a Windows install is easy, it's installing all your other programs and settings that is a pain :)

I have also found that to be true, but with a little registry editing, I can point windows to only look at my secondary HDD for programs, and only ever need to reinstall my antivirus.

Back