• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sabertooth 990x auto increasing vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

I have all my power management I can think of set to manual or disabled in bios and manually set my vcore to 1.35.

However I keep seeing in HWmonitor that it is auto increasing my vcore to 1.4.

Any ideas why?

I think I got it figured out, its the LLC.

On auto it kept shooting up really high, and on 1, it wouldn't even accept my base 1.35 voltage.

sitting on high (3) seems to stay exactly where I put it.

not sure im understanding that...

it was set to auto, 1 lowered me to 1.28, 2 set me to ~ 1.3

3 seems to keep me at 1.35

Yep, that'll do it.

LLC (Load Line Calibration) is used to correct for droop of vCore while the CPU is pulling a heavy load.
So, over correcting leads to higher vCore than set, which is what Auto was doing.

Yep, that'll do it.

LLC (Load Line Calibration) is used to correct for droop of vCore while the CPU is pulling a heavy load.
So, over correcting leads to higher vCore than set, which is what Auto was doing.

yeah.

It was putting me to about 65 degrees. and 1.404. Sitting at 1.32 now and seems stable and 4.4ghz and 55 degrees. without a decrease or increase.

only primed for a few just to test temps and make sure cores didn't fail. Will do a longer test overnight

yeah.

It was putting me to about 65 degrees. and 1.404. Sitting at 1.32 now and seems stable and 4.4ghz and 55 degrees. without a decrease or increase.

only primed for a few just to test temps and make sure cores didn't fail. Will do a longer test overnight
If it does fail you may need to give the set voltage a bump to get it stable again. Reason being, if you passed prime previously with the LLC set on auto the stable voltage was somewhere between the set voltage of 1.35 v and the 1.40 v it was boosting to.

If it does fail you may need to give the set voltage a bump to get it stable again. Reason being, if you passed prime previously with the LLC set on auto the stable voltage was somewhere between the set voltage of 1.35 v and the 1.40 v it was boosting to.

it held stable all night at 1.32. maxinga t 55. thinking thats the limit of the evo 212.

ambient temps brought the r9 390 to 55º idle, hopefully wont be a issue. idle temp of the card is usually 28º

it held stable all night at 1.32. maxinga t 55. thinking thats the limit of the evo 212.

ambient temps brought the r9 390 to 55º idle, hopefully wont be a issue. idle temp of the card is usually 28º
What case do you have, you may benefit from a bit more airflow through it.

ive taken both sides off and it didn't effect the temps in the slightest. not even 1º

Even with a house fan blowing into the side of the case?

Can you post a picture of your build with the side off?

Is the card overclocked? Set with a static voltage?

Yeah high ambient temps will heat things up. Though I still think 55c is a bit high. Is the inside of the case clean?

relatively, just cleaned it few weeks ago when ought the r9 390

ive always ran high temps on every build i ever had.

Is the card overclocked? Set with a static voltage?

nah, not overclocked. Dont think it currently needs it.

Indeed, try a Fx 8350 @ 4.7 ;)

vuADnl7.jpg

think I should probably flip the fan on the 212 to the top..maybe I got that wrong lol. I had it on top before I think..dont remember why I moved it.

I put the other side of the case back on, pic wasn't coming out very legible..maybe light issue..idk.

ive already decided next upgrade is intel. AMD ive been with for 20 years..been letting me down.

Back