• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sabertooth 990x auto increasing vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Turn that 212 90 degrees so it blows out the back. You're drawing hot air right off the GPU as it is.

That cooler mounts in both directions, not just up and down. Turn it 90 degrees and make the fan blow through the cooler, towards the rear of the case. You'll now be using the cool air from your intakes AND, adding some airflow towards your VRM's, without disrupting the natural front to rear air flow pattern in your case. Temps will drop, I almost guaranty it.

Last edited:
That cooler mounts in both directions, not just up and down. Turn it 90 degrees and make the fan blow through the cooler, towards the rear of the case. You'll now be using the cool air from your intakes AND, adding some airflow towards your VRM's, without disrupting the natural front to rear air flow pattern in your case. Temps will drop, I almost guaranty it.

hmm. Could of swore it only mounted this way. Ill try that.

hmm. Could of swore it only mounted this way. Ill try that.
Nope, I have the CM 212+ and when I first purchased it I thought horizontal was the only way it mounted as well, It will also work vertical.

maybe im missing something, but im sitting here for 2 hours, looking at instructions and videos..and there is no way to install this thing the other way. The screws will never line up with the back plate. It just doesn't fit.

maybe im missing something, but im sitting here for 2 hours, looking at instructions and videos..and there is no way to install this thing the other way. The screws will never line up with the back plate. It just doesn't fit.

I finally got it..feel stupid now lol

And big difference. I might be able to bump it a bit more and maybe get 4600

tZapoUA.png

LOL Rydis, I recall the first time I used my CM 212 it took me a little bit to figure out how to mount it Vertically. :D What was the Cpu temp?

LOL Rydis, I recall the first time I used my CM 212 it took me a little bit to figure out how to mount it Vertically. :D What was the Cpu temp?

it dropped from 55 to ~51. But the main reason was to get heat off the video card, when just by running prime would go above ~55, not stays around ~33.

Couldn't get it stable above 4.4 though, not even at 1.45, so im just keeping it as is now.

yeah, I had to take apart the middle bracket and put it together in a funky way to make it fit, but I got it :)

By putting the Heatsink vertical the Air is now flowing towards the VRM section therefore helping keep them cooler. :thup:

Back