• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe overclock for FX 6300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DavidGD

Registered
Hello guys.

I need to know which overclock is the best for the next specs:

- FX 6300
- GA-78LMT-USB3
- HYPER 212 EVO

Right now I have my fx 6300 overclocked to 4.0 ghz (no changes on voltage, good temps) and I dont know if it could be higher or just stay right there.

I wanna overclock because there is some bottleneck with my gtx 1060 6gb and I dont know how many fps will I gain with more clock speed.

try 4.5Ghz and 1.45v. If your temps are good you're OK.

your mobo is not the best though... 4 phases VRM will not cut it above 4GHz IMO

I dont really wanna touch the voltage because there is some risk with my motherboard. Do you think 4.0 ghz is the highest clock speed I can get with no voltage changes and hyper 212 evo?

You have to try!

Push the multi as high as you can before getting unstable. Roll of a dice: some CPU's overclock better than others. But set the vcore manually to its default value.

You can safely add 0.05v to the vcore default anyway.

I dont really wanna touch the voltage because there is some risk with my motherboard. Do you think 4.0 ghz is the highest clock speed I can get with no voltage changes and hyper 212 evo?
You're better off setting the voltage manually, if you're leaving it on auto the board is likely raising it on it's own anyway.

You're better off setting the voltage manually, if you're leaving it on auto the board is likely raising it on it's own anyway.

And do you think it is worth it talking about fps gain? I wanna get rid of bottleneck and I don't know how many fps could I get with more overclock.

And do you think it is worth it talking about fps gain? I wanna get rid of bottleneck and I don't know how many fps could I get with more overclock.
It depends on a lot of factors. What game you're playing, what screen resolution etc, it's not going to hurt to try. The biggest issue I see,as Tír na nÓg mentioned, is the motherboard. It's likely not going to have the power to push the chip very far. That said give it a shot and see.

Hello guys.

I need to know which overclock is the best for the next specs:

- FX 6300
- GA-78LMT-USB3
- HYPER 212 EVO

Right now I have my fx 6300 overclocked to 4.0 ghz (no changes on voltage, good temps) and I dont know if it could be higher or just stay right there.

I wanna overclock because there is some bottleneck with my gtx 1060 6gb and I dont know how many fps will I gain with more clock speed.

When you say bottle neck is this just cause you watched some videos ? or are you getting low fps ?
In every Computer in the world one component will always be bottle necked ( this will be the slowest part in the system) , if you aren't getting lag I would try to tun the voltage for 4ghz find a stable vcore/ temp you like then work from there.
Overclocking is a big trial and error . Most of the time you don't kill any parts but screwing your windows install can happen when looking for a stable oc .

When you say bottle neck is this just cause you watched some videos ? or are you getting low fps ?
In every Computer in the world one component will always be bottle necked ( this will be the slowest part in the system) , if you aren't getting lag I would try to tun the voltage for 4ghz find a stable vcore/ temp you like then work from there.
Overclocking is a big trial and error . Most of the time you don't kill any parts but screwing your windows install can happen when looking for a stable oc .

oh you might kill it mess it up with p95...., probably should run burn test or oct that always looked alittle better and more reliable...had p95 looking great though initially was solid with almost any clock for 20 minutes up to an hour.... then i don't know went real south of all sudden wanted significantly more vcore and now always like 3 workers failing lol...it's dogged man lol

OCCT uses the P95 algorithm I think (not sure though...)

I don't know either?...well seen the same **** always reported workers will fail sometimes at even stock or mild oc. just all over the place was only when breaking it in still pretty new actually looked right small ftt, I think it was Blend that messed it up lol...I don't know, can't remember tried some of the custom too...and yeah just let it sit there for hours lol

just suppppper man...god damn know who can still make mobos right? lol, literally everything still looks good and ok otherwise.

Back