• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandybridge Chipset Design Flaw and Recall- MUST READ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone been able to find a board anywhere to buy? for a reasonable price also.I am looking to purchase my new build tomorrow and seem to be at the worst timing. Really wish those motherboards would come back

I've seen a couple on eBay and oversees that's about it tho :/

There was one on [H] forums last night. It only lasted 15min. lol

Edit: Miahallen has one up for sale in the classies right now.:cool:

Last edited:

I took the harm's way and currently using two of my SATA3 ports - connected 1 optical DVD-RW and my data drive 1GB WD Green.

So far .... so good.

According to the qouted article, the problem will just going to be the read/write performance degradation and data loss is unlikely(we will never know this until we test/experience it, don't we?).

Worse comes to worst, If I experience data loss from my 1TB green, I'll report it here BUT as of what I'm experiencing right now, I strongly doubt it will gonna happen.

My friend's Giga p67 UD3 is great. No issues so far. Overclocked the 2500K to 4.5Ghz. Took five minutes. 20 hrs prime stable. COMICALLY easy to overclock. Literally requires absolutely no skill.

"SET CPU TO X"

Need more voltage? Increase until stable.

Done.

Hilarious.

Well i am very new here so i have no clue were the classifieds are if that is what you were talking about for Miahallen selling a p67 board and if anyone does know where else to find one for an sli build please PM me planning on purchasing parts in a few hours
Thank you

He doesn't have access to the classifieds yet.

Welcome to the forum Nitro13. You can see the requirements for classifieds access here. Unfortunately it doesn't help your present situation, but just for your reference.

Well thank you on that unfortunately i signed up without my college email and 100post are impossible to get by 7pm tonight :bang head if anyone could help me out and maybe find me one that would be greatly appreciated. I've never had an up to date gaming comp and the one i want to build is my dream come true but without a Cougar Point mobo im done for

Well thank you on that unfortunately i signed up without my college email and 100post are impossible to get by 7pm tonight :bang head if anyone could help me out and maybe find me one that would be greatly appreciated. I've never had an up to date gaming comp and the one i want to build is my dream come true but without a Cougar Point mobo im done for

You can change your e-mail later in the user control panel "user cp" link at the top of the forums. As for 100 posts, like hokie said it doesn't help your current situation, but if you stick around and become a member of our community you'll get there which will benefit you later.

If you can sit tight, hopefully motherboards will start showing up in the next 3 weeks or so, but definately by April 1st they are supposed to. In the long run you'll probably be happy if you can wait.

@ Nitro... look on ebay, craigslist... etc.

Ebay = 400$ + that is no lie have yet to try craiglist

Looking for the Asus sabertooth p67 that tatical vest has my eyes or like most people seem to be liking the asus p8p67 pro board

Hey thanks guys for the helped i did a bit of searching and found a website that were still selling a few boards i picked myself up the asus P8P67 pro cant wait to get that i5 2500k i ordered in it and to get that thing rolling to 4.3 :burn:

I just happened to check the news on asus' site. Seems as though the new motherboards are shipping in the next week.

Posted Feb 22
http://www.asus.com/News.aspx?N_ID=cqnNC5pGSATog5Pf

Oh wow, good find. They are planning on shipping them THIS WEEK.

ASUS is happy to announce that updated Intel® 6 series-based motherboards will begin shipping this week*

..snip..

*Delivery times for revised products may vary by region.

EDIT:

It also sounds like Z68 won't be ready for a while. So much for my plans of making that swap.. :-/

http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-s-first-z68-board-model-names-leaked/11282.html

the chipset should launch some time in Q2 alongside Intel's budget H61 chipset.

This suggests that there won't be too many Z68 boards on display at CeBIT in March, although there ought to be plenty of boards on display at Computex which starts on the 31st of May

Another EDIT:

http://www.asus.com/ProductGroup2.aspx?PG_ID=mKyCKlQ4oSEtSu5m

Asus has posted their H61 board lineup -- if it is supposed to arrive the same time as Z68, hopefully they will post that lineup soon also.

Last edited:
Got a quick question.

I installed 2008 R2 on my 2 marvell 6gb/s ports and set it up raid 1 in bios.

When I get my new board will it recognize that if I plug them into the identical ports on the new board???

Back