• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanyo Denki Mini Ace 25 Question (Pics inside)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bohansen

Hey everyone, I got my hands on these Sanyo Denki fans and I have a few questions.

Sanyo Denki Mini Ace 25
Model Number 109P0912S4081
DC 12v 0.32A

The first one is, does anyone know the specs on these fans? I tried google searching, and while I could find other Mini Ace 25 fans, I was unable to find any that matched the model number of mine.

Also, if you look at my pictures below, you can see that the 3 pin connector is unique, as the lil tabs that are supposed to stick out of the connectors are located in the middle, rather than the sides.

I was wondering if there are adapters for these pins.

I got these from a friend who said he salvaged them from an Intel chip etcher? Something like that. The computer that controlled the systems that was used to make chips I guess.

SO i was curious if it would be possible or viable to throw this on the side of my case.

Check out the pics

Model # and Name:

IMG_20110718_152912.jpg

3 Pin connector (sorry for the poor quality, taken with my phone) Notice how the tabs are in the center, and though you cant really tell in the picture, they are kind of arrow shaped, like.... ___> that kind of ) :

IMG_20110718_155055.jpg

The back of the fans mounted on the panel:

IMG_20110718_152830.jpg

The front of the fans:

IMG_20110718_152707.jpg

So if anyone has any information on these fans I would really appreciate it, Thanks!

*EDIT* Having issues uploading the images, working on it.

Last edited:
We can't see the pictures inside your gmail account :eek: (See that? Emoticon)

that being said, That number isn't bringing back anything on the sanyo denki site... http://www.sanyo-denki.com/sanace_sdaspec.aspx. I'm sure they are usable though. They must be rare stateside... no English websites when you google 109P0912S4081.

I wouldn't bet there is an adapter. You'll need to cut the wires and crimp new pins.

Sorry about that, I'll upload the pics to a site and repost them

After talking to my friend again, he said these fans were inside the panel cooling off a giant PSU.

Well, I guess these fans are a dead end :(

Its a shame, they looked like they could blow some serious air.

Could be simple voltage control. Hook one up to a 12vdc variable PSU, or a STRONG fan controller.

Get a reostat. They might be good, powerful and worth the cheap price.

The little boards might be no more than a temp sensor circutry. They aren't PWM fans, looks like standard voltage control with RPM sensing.

If you run a part number search on the Sanyo Denki America website it comes up with the following message:

Please contact us for more information, 1-310-783-5456, [email protected]

That's telling me that the fans were made to order for a specific vendor or oem and I doubt that you will be able to get much information from Sanyo Denki. I imagine that you could cut the connectors off and wire them directly to a molex connector and power them up with no problem. They are 12v fans, so all you need to do is get power to them. Sanyo Denki does have a listing for a "9A0912S401", which I bet these are based on. Specs are as follows: current: 0.27 amps (which is a little less than yours, but yours are probably older models), rpm: 3,550, cfm: 58.6, Static pressure: 0.225inchH2O, noise: 39 dBA, mass: 100 grams.

Thanks for the replies! yea, I think were gonna try to cut the wires and macgyver something. No loss if we fail since they were free, and it will be a fun experience!

Back