• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed By Performance-Pcs and Dangerden!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for taking the time to join the forums and engage with us, Dangerden. Definitely a step in the right direction.

It's gratifying to see mgoode realizing resolution of this issue from his posting here. It's this type of thread that exemplifies the effective, cohesive and mature community that is OC forums.

ThermoChill are now involved in this dispute... just to let people know, and thus you should be aware of the time delays between ourselves and DD - ie: They're awake when we're asleep and vice versa...

The issue IS being resolved... but both parties have to wait for emails from each other in the night...

Although I applaud DD for eventually coming into the forums and joining in on the thread, it is obvious that the buyer did not puncture the holes himself. If he used the right size screws, which he said he did (and 6 years of water cooling experience would teach him to be careful), then this is obviously some sort of problem created elsewhere. For all we know performance-pcs damaged it before mailing it and then didn't remember to include the screws back with the used product.

There are way too many things that went wrong with this, way too little information other than the hate mail passed back and forth, and I completely agree with dylskee. DD took way too long to even reply to this. While it's a step above what performance-pcs did, they knew this thread was here a long time ago.

Other etailers know how to keep track of this forum because it is a significant number of it's sales. Newegg knows this... tankguys knows this... jab-tech knows this...

Magically coming in 8 weeks later with an apologetic email that basically says "it's not our fault, we were in the middle!" "look at the damage, it's caused by screws, your fault!" Yea right.

Had I ever decided to go water cooling or chilled I will now not even think twice about avoiding both of these etailers when purchasing my parts. I will also be sure to tell any of my customers or friends to avoid both.

"look at the damage, it's caused by screws, your fault!" Yea right.

In excess of 99% of all RMA'd ThermoChill radiators were damaged by the customer due to either using incorrect screws, or using 1/2" screws without a gasket. Fact. The remainder were thru shipping damage. We've only ever had 2 radiators returned due to a manufacturing flaw resulting in a leak since the release of the PA Series 2+ yrs ago.

Like you said...

way too little information other than the hate mail passed back and forth

...therefore, not enough information for conclusions to be hastily drawn by an over-reacting populous imo. Everyone needs to take a chill-pill. Customer will receive a replacement radiator shortly. When the faulty radiator eventually makes it's way back to me, I will be able to tell 100% either way how the damage was caused. The question is by whom and at what point in proceedings. Entirely possible an RMA'd rad was resold by the reseller by mistake... or the end-user could have neglected to use a gasket, thus screws punctured core. No way to tell at this stage. Due to the way in which this has been brought into the public view, there is no further way to proceed other than to satisfy the customer regardless and pass the loss down the line.

Other etailers know how to keep track of this forum because it is a significant number of it's sales. Newegg knows this... tankguys knows this... jab-tech knows this...
...but, it isn't an eTailers responsibility to monitor forums and they shouldn't feel like they're obliged to. Bear this in mind also.

Last edited:
Never buy Thermochill period. Problem solved! :) They have the mentality that the "CUSTOMER BROKE IT", so why bother RMA it? Hilarious. Have a nice day! :santa2:

And where exactly was that sentiment expressed? Hard RMA figures show that 99% of items were damaged by the enduser... and note, that 99% of returned items equates to less than 1% of all sales... seeing as it's such a small amount we have in the majority of cases issued replacements regardless.

At no point did we say that we didn't replace a high percentage of those 99% at cost to ourselves despite them being in breach of warranty terms. That's you assuming things without full possession of the facts, and jumping on the bandwagon to sensationalise a minor issue.

As stated above, we are honoring the warranty and issuing a replacement... regardless of how the damage was caused or by whom.

For the record. I used a gasket that it is still attached to the rad as you will see when you recieve it. However, I think it's that kind of perspective from a vendor to immediatly blame the customer 99% of the time that led to this incident.

All of my emails were politie inquires until the last one, which ironicly was the only one I recieved a prompt reply. This didn't have to be public if just one person in the last 7 weeks had contacted me the way Jeremy did last night.

I agree that is is not a companies obligation to monitor the forums ,however it is this over-reacting populous(as you put it) that are part of the 1% of the pc buying population that spends money on exotic cooling. It would seem like good business desicion in such a niche market.

I am done Nuff said on this matter. Jeremy from DangerDen stepped in and resolved the situation and thats the bottom line. Have a good day, Mate:beer:

For the record. I used a gasket that it is still attached to the rad as you will see when you recieve it.

Duly noted - ta fer letting me know - doubt we'll see the rad in question for at least another month if not more...

However, I think it's that kind of perspective from a vendor to immediatly blame the customer 99% of the time that led to this incident.

It's a statistic based on real figures... not a perspective... that is all. The statistics are genuine and valid. How those statistics are reflected by our customer service is a different matter. Like I said, the statistics may well show 99% to be user damage, but it is rare that this is expressed to the customer. We simply agree with the end-user that the radiator is faulty and replace it, and stand the loss ourselves otherwise incidents such as this thread occur. However, that's us, not the other companies involved. Their policies may differ, and that's beyond our control.

You're misinterpreting a representation of statistics for company policy. The two are leagues apart - completely different things.

Guys Guys, everyone needs to calm down. The issue is getting resolved and thats it. I applaud for both Dangerden and Thermochill coming on these forums and posting. You have to understand Performance PC's is a 3rd party, going to danger den, direct retailer, but 3rd party, finally reaching thermo chill. It would be the same if i walked into my local micro center and bout a thermo chill rad. sometimes issues arn't passed on to the higher ups sometimes they are. mgoode did all he could do, took a bit of time but finally got an answer. I have used danger den for 4 yrs now and i never have had a problem, not once, ok, i was missing mounting hardware for my old RBX but that wasn't anything they didn't replace quickly. I havn't owned a Thermochill,i want to own one, but from what i heard they are reliable. This s the only complaint to date i have heard about them. Don't criticize an etailer by the information presented here. Especially ones that are working to solve the problem, anyone see Performance Pcs Posting here, ummm...... Nope.

Confusions are going to happen, and the ball is going to get dropped occasionally. The thing that really hit me in this was their unprofessional email, so hopefully whoever that was gets tracked down and either written up or fired.

But DD and Thermochill were pointed towards the thread, they're here, responding, and resolving the situation the right way. Sure, it would've been nice for it to happen sooner, but I've worked in customer service long enough to know that when several parties are in something, it can go in the cracks.

Cheers to DD and Thermochill for jumping on this. :beer:

By the way, I actually owe DD an apology because I missed in the original post that it was actually Performance-PCS that sent that awful email, not DD. My bad, mates!

Congrats Mgoode! - It's always nice to see someone who is helpful and kind to others get helped. You certainly deserve it!

I assume that Performance PCs bought the rad from Danger Den who purchased it from Thermochill?

If so I have to take Performance PCs off my bookmarks. I'll also have to reconsider anything from Thermochill going into my PC after the reading the Thermochill posts.

I find it odd that a Thermochill rep would still come to this forum and still have an attitude. Talk about BELOW average customer service.

/End Rant

I don't see how anything Marci said can logically be construed as below average customer service. Stats show that they get below average customers and yet they'll still eat the cost for the RMA.

Maviryk said:
I don't see how anything Marci said can logically be construed as below average customer service. Stats show that they get below average customers and yet they'll still eat the cost for the RMA.

It was the attitude he/she had. He/she said in a pervious post that they did have two bad ones due to manufacturing. Sure statistically it was HIGHLY unlikely but still.

Maybe the "talking down to" wasn't intentional but after 7 weeks I'd be very careful about insulting a disgruntled customer.

At best it seemed that his/her help was begrudging.

Stats show that they get below average customers

That made me lol.

Customer service is how a company survives.
There are a TON of other companies out there that are willing to give good customer service, why would you ever intentionally buy from one that had bad CS?

Customer Service is as much a part of the purchase as FPS, GPH, Cooling efficiency, MHZ, etc etc etc.

I don't know of too many people that would willingly buy something that they felt they would have a hard time getting support on. There's simply too much competition out there for that.

Seemed all business to me, which is fine, so long as it remains professional. It's interesting to hear the stats like that.

Let's keep this in perspective - sounds like PerformancePCs is the one to be chided for the nasty email. No matter how rude a customer is to you, you never return the tone. Ever. It's called professionalism, and I'll cease ordering from them.

i'm curiuos as to if the screw issue is disclosed somewhere on the box or a manual / parts list ?

i know it has no relevance to the issue at hand, but i'd like to know if there was a big yellow flag to let users aware of it.

Even if the OP had used the wrong screws, it would still be the company's fault for not including the screws as they were supposed to. Not only that, but they never responded to his e-mail regarding that issue. And that kind of unprofessionalism they used is unacceptable. I've never ordered from Performance PCs before, and they should be glad to know that now I never will.

Back