• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed By Performance-Pcs and Dangerden!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Soichiro said:
Even if the OP had used the wrong screws, it would still be the company's fault for not including the screws as they were supposed to. Not only that, but they never responded to his e-mail regarding that issue. And that kind of unprofessionalism they used is unacceptable. I've never ordered from Performance PCs before, and they should be glad to know that now I never will.

i totally agree, i was just wondering if thermochill or dangerden packaged it along the ways.

I'm glad this issue has been resolved, but that is definitely some of the worst customer service I've ever seen. How hard is it to respond to an e-mail? PerformancePC's won't see any more of my business.

The behavoir that performance-pc maintained handling those emails is simply outrageous to say the least. I was about to order an Accelero from them too. But now?...forget it I will be searching for a different etailer.

I'm glad your conflict is resolved mgoode, although performance-pcs still owes you an apology. :mad:

Marci did not have an attitude, he was just explaining why etailers assume that the customer is at fault. I don't know why you people are going for his throat for this, you are just being rude to him when he is trying to help.

Oh yeah and like it was stated before but many people in here chose not to read because they're in such a tizzy over this, NEITHER DANGER DEN NOR THERMOCHILL SENT THE RUDE EMAIL, PERFORMANCE PCS SENT IT!! Got it yet?

[O-CuK]Marci said:
Replacement rad shipped direct from my office this morning.
YOu guys rock sending out a replacement before you even got the damaged goods , my next rad will be one of your guys .

I always use the SSS patented method of applying the fan to the radiator.

First thing I do is throw away the mounting hardware in the rubbish, I then have two ways of mounting it.

Option 1 is to use long zip ties (Any color ;), for mounting a fan to a radiator (or the fan/radiator to the case) For affixing one fan, I need 8 zip ties with locking heads larger than the fans mounting holes.

I cut the square locking end off 4 of them, I then push the zip tie through the fans mounting hole, then I push it through the radiator, I then secure it down with the locking heads I cut off the other zip tie, do this for all four holes on the fan and the fan is now firmy affixed to the radiator, you can also secure it all to the case by the same method.

Option 2 is I use /plastic/Nylon nuts and bolts I buy at ACE hardware and never metal, very difficult to damage a radiator with zip ties or plastic/nylon nuts and bolts.

Anyway, glad Dangerden stepped up to the plate and was helping you out. :thup:

[O-CuK]Marci said:
Replacement rad shipped direct from my office this morning.

First class :thup:. After careful reading of this Danger Den and Thermochill are certainly not to blame for anything here but performance-pcs deserve to go out of business with that attitude.
And when i build my loop i will be using the SSS patented method for the fans.

Man glad I didn't have to deal with Performance-PC with any of my water stuff I bought from them but with that being said I'll defiantly second guess myself if I ever even consider buying from them again.

I've used DD products in the past and would be happy to use them in the future still. Thermochill hats off to you for sending out the replacement before getting the original.

On a sidenote, we have recently sourced some self-tapping flat tip'd screws... think of a usual pointy self tapper but with the sharp end cut off so it's a 2mm diameter flat spot instead. We're trying to get a regular supply of these to phase out all the current pointy self-tappers to stop the tube-puncture issue as it IS the only problem we've ever had with the radiators when it comes to RMAs (no, we can't move the tubes unfortunately, nor can the fans be offset to miss the tubes without having a detrimental affect on performance). I'll check with the rest of the team tomorrow to find out exactly what the current status of this is and how extensive the rollout has been so far (ie: whether current batches en-route and about-to-be-en-route to the US have the original screws or the new ones / if we actually have stocks of the new ones yet - at the moment I haven't a clue which we are using) and report back. I'll also try and find the model/type/name & size of this screw for those who wish to self-source for other purposes (we have some modders who just buy the current screws off us for other uses).

@MARCI
Dont yall find it more cost effective in the long run, to include nylon/plastic screws and nuts. Over metal ones to have less enduser damage taken place with your products?

Evilsizer said:
@marci
Dont yall find it more cost effective in the long run, to include nylon/plastic screws and nuts. Over metal ones to have less enduser damage taken place with your products?

this may be a better solution if i'm not mistaken the thread on the screws dont mess what the taped holes right if someone over torqued the screws? or would the metal have a weaker breaking point than the plastic?

gangaskan said:
this may be a better solution if i'm not mistaken the thread on the screws dont mess what the taped holes right if someone over torqued the screws? or would the metal have a weaker breaking point than the plastic?
i have messed with plastic/nylon screws they would break or bend long before the metal would. This depends though on the thickness of the screws used and just how much force you were using.

And marci, your from overclockers.co.uk right?

When are you getting the thermochill rads in stock o.o

Evilsizer said:
@marci

Well if he has less than 1% of his products sold come back and nylon screws cost about 3 times what steel ones do I don't think it would work out so well. Also I haven't ever seen nylon self tapping screws so you would add the expense of another step in your radiator manufacturing process. Finally Nylon screws are fairly easy to break or strip without very very carefull usage.

Personally to mount fans I like tapping the holes for 6/32" screws then using 1 1/2" bolt with a nut spun on them up to the top of the bolt head. With 3.8 CM thickness fans this makes it pretty hard to go through the radiator.

i think that was kind of the point tho speed bump, if plastic or nylon were used the tap would have less chance of puncturing the radiator. and if the screws were stripped you wouldn't break the tapped hole as easy.

Back