• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screws

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No idea what size they are. You got a hobby store for RC planes and stuff nearby? Or a good hardware store? The threads could be metric or standard, probably metric. You have acess to a tap n die set? You can check the size and thread pattern with one of those.

Or you could get these:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...roduct_info&cPath=60_485_488&products_id=3294

thats even better than the screws that came with mine.. rubberized and no need for a screwdriver? and they will work in my case fan yes??
thanks.

Think so, it's an open ended fan. Meaning it's not a closed hole that is 25mm thick to the the end. We call it open vs closed fan screw holes. There is both.

Still, just go to the hardware store with a screw and find the nut.

You prolly didn't see them in the box. Or they are scattered on the floor........

Think so, it's an open ended fan. Meaning it's not a closed hole that is 25mm thick to the the end. We call it open vs closed fan screw holes. There is both.

Still, just go to the hardware store with a screw and find the nut.

You prolly didn't see them in the box. Or they are scattered on the floor........

definately not nuts, was very careful. it has the bolts but not the nuts.
i googled the screws for fans. and the only difference i can see, is that some fans are ribbed and some aren't..
the screw goes into a hole but is visible on the side on one type. and the side of the screw is unexposed as it goes through a tunnel on other types (my type) i think that means that these mountin screws you suggested won't work. but i actually want these over normal screws anyway. its less vibration. can anyone else here confirm what kind of screws i can use (which reduce noise)

If you just bought it, give the seller a message. Maybe he can help you out before spending your extra bucks on something that wasn't your fault... I really recommend the rubber screws if you were thinking of buying a replacement thing to fasten your fan. It kinda reduces vibration and sounds...says research.

If you just bought it, give the seller a message. Maybe he can help you out before spending your extra bucks on something that wasn't your fault... I really recommend the rubber screws if you were thinking of buying a replacement thing to fasten your fan. It kinda reduces vibration and sounds...says research.

yes. i have contacted the seller, but still want these anyway, you don't even need to screw them in they just clip shut... so it's handy for any future pc ,even beyond the life of the fan.

antec big boy 200 fittings needed.

Bought from amazon, didn't come with screws and the seller gave me a 25% discount as he didn't have any fittings or screws in stock.
I cannot work out what screws to use.
I don't know what size. I googled side fan screws and came up with several but can't be sure if they will fit mine, as they look rather small and I can see where the screws would go all the way through this big thick fan and then through the case that they would be way bigger than the size of the ones that showed up in google.
Also there seems to be some noise isolating "mounts" that are the right length (ish) but from the description they fit open flange fans and not closed (judging from the photo diagrams mine is closed type because the screws go through a tunnel and not just through a hole leaving the screw visible)

Am at a total loss and I created another thread just called screws and nobody could clarify the situation, so i thought by naming it specifically as antec big boy 200 surely someone would have the same type of fan and be able to help me if possible I want rubberized/noise dampening clamps but if not that's fine, i just want to be able to install this fan. I have had it a while now and even the seller isn't too helpful.

Nothing on that page are side fan screws, or 200 mm fan screws or even spare parts for an antec big boy 200, so ill just wait to see what antec says.

Go here, pick out what you think you need, then go, as Conumdrum says, to a good hardware store. You could probably even upgrade to stainless for less than paying full tilt boogie from Antec:

http://store.antec.com/Category/accessory-spare_parts.aspx

By now you'd have your screws.

Where do you live? I'll find you a store or even talk to a rep for the screws. By now you should have info from SOMEWHERE what the screw pattern is.

If this very simple thing isn't fixed by now I don't know what to say. It's a screw. WHERE DO RESIDE? Add to your sig. You can do that I hope?

Last edited:
Big city? Have a hardware store? Have you tried any stores in the surrounding area? You have a company in the UK that's like our McMaster Carr in the USA?

Honestly I really am kinda done with this I guess. Any screw long enough with a simple nut would work to mount a fan. Zip ties, wire, glue, Velcro are other ideas.

Back