• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate 7200.11 Full Review - "Raptor says: I challenge you to a duel"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why is it that the moment someone comes in here doing something other than kneeling down and kissing your feet that you immediately become defensive assuming that the person who disagrees has some sort of hostile intent? You essentially gave me the same treatment via PM after I made comments on other forums disagreeing with the practicality of paying $800 for a 16gig hard drive after you did your SSD review. You need to reconcile yourself to the reality of the internet where criticism of articles, reviews, etc happens quite frequently.

From your own explanation of the issue at hand, it seems like this could easily have been an error on his part. You could have formulated your post in such a way as to simply explain the issue at hand, and the error that he quite possibly made, rather than starting off with a hostile, accusatory tone, stock full of paranoia and suspicion. It seems to me that the only person doing anything to attack your credibility is yourself.

God forbid someone underestimates the size of your ego… Hopefully no one will forget “who [they] are talking to” in the future…
rolleyes.gif

You know what. You are absolutely correct. I should have not presented myself in the fashion that I have done. And for that I do apologize. But, I respect someone that can criticize the results with proper feedback. What happened here was like I stated: either an accident on behalf of the gentleman I am communicating with.

Or, he clearly tried to say I was presenting mis-information. Do you know the only reason I did this Barracuda review is because there is an entire thread of OCForums members asking me to review the drive for them. I did this drive review specifically for OCForums, yet we have a member clearly trying to point out that I have produced invalid results in the Crysis benchmark. Quite obviously, this has pushed my buttons by upsetting me and you have taken advantage of it by putting your two cents in. Its funny that you waited for a situation like this when my guard was down to publically attack me. I have never seen you post in 1 other thread of mine ever on OCForums. So, thanks for attacking me.

Last edited:
PS- To everyone reading. I do apologize for losing my temper a bit and I have sent a PM to theElvis apologizing personally. I am going to clean up this thread a little bit. I hope who ever read the review enjoyed it, and I can only promise you that I do give my 120% into all of these articles. I always try and get un-biased results out there to the public. I buy my own hardware for reviews and I know everyone really wants to know the true benefit of these drives, that is why I lost my temper. And on this note I am going to take a long break from OCForums for while. There should be another review on the Samsung F1 drives coming soon so continue reading the site but I will cease making any announcements on here.

Thanks guys.

Dom

Last edited:
PS- To everyone reading. I do apologize for losing my temper a bit and I have sent a PM to theElvis apologizing personally. I am going to clean up this thread a little bit. I hope who ever read the review enjoyed it, and I can only promise you that I do give my 120% into all of these articles. I always try and get un-biased results out there to the public. I buy my own hardware for reviews and I know everyone really wants to know the true benefit of these drives, that is why I lost my temper. And on this note I am going to take a long break from OCForums for while. There should be another review on the Samsung F1 drives coming soon so continue reading the site but I will cease making any announcements on here.

Thanks guys.

Dom
sorry people are a holes.
they have nothing better to do. every chance they get, they like to put someone down or as they say. " point something out", to feel better about themselves, to feel that they are better, perhaps even , without the work.

i enjoyed your review dom. i thank you for your time and effort.

Last edited:
We have to pay $50 extra for a smaller capacity Raptor when Seagate can do the job. Besides, the difference is rather minimal.

Back