• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seasonic or Rosewill psu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

Hey all, still in progress in looking for a psu for my new build and was wondering of I should go with Rosewill Hive 750 for 89.99 and has a 20 dollar coupon until July 22nd, or should I go with Seasonic M12II 620 for 89.99 with no rebate or coupon. Which would you guys suggest?

The Seasonic by far. Rosewill is hit and miss, mostly miss. Though the hive is decent, again, the Seasonic is better.

What is your build by the way?

EDIT: You should have posted this in one of your two other PSU threads. Posting multiple threads on the same subject really serves to duplicate efforts and can end up confusing all involved.

Oops sorry for that earthdog. But the build is Amd phenom ii x4 965, asrock 970 extreme 4, sli Msi 660gtx twin frozr, 1tb hdd, and a corsair 120gb ssd. Thanks for the link to the other post aj! Earthdog, thanks for letting me know that it is seasonic is better lol that would've been my third choice. :D I've been looking at the seasonic if it would have a discount or anything but found out it had one but I was too late x(

You honestly can't go wrong with any we have selected in this thread. The difference between that seasonic and the tx750 you will not notice. For an avernage user, that TX750 is a fine choice.

Hmmmm... I think I am going to go with the seasonic 620 since its a bit cheaper. Kind of on a budget now after the sli 660s xD but thanks for helping me on my decision earthdog! :D Now I'll stop posting similar questions xD thanks again.

The TX is cheaper with a rebate, otherwise, its the same cost (assuming you are shopping at newegg.com).

Yup, Seasonic is the way to go. For me personally its like this.......

#1 Seasonic

#2 Corsair

#3 don't care.....

#4 don't care again......

If those 2 companies disappear from the face of the earth, THAN I'll open my options. :rofl: Kidding aside there are a few others that are up to par as well.

#3 Zippy/Emacs but then again, I am running more servers than gaming rigs.

I have an old hot swap Zippy AT power supply. It is reliable, but it is quite noisy and not very efficient. Hopefully newer zippy products are more efficient. As for server power supplies, dell is the only one I know of that has titanium 80+ efficiency power supplies.

Seasonic is an OEM of power supplies. They make pretty decent ones. I own one. Rosewill is not an OEM, but relabels other OEMs power supplies. Some Rosewill ps are good, and some are less good. I own a Rosewill Fortress, which is platinum efficiency and comes with a 7 year warranty. I suspect it is as 'good' as a seasonic.

Seasonic, for the most part, makes great (better than decent) psus. Rosewill was usually a 'miss' but lately has come out with decent to good (in the case of that fortress) lines.

Rosewill has some fantastic units, and a lot of meh units.
Seasonic has a lot of fantastic units, and a few meh/zomgno units.
You have to work fairly hard to go wrong with seasonic though.

Back