• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

security update 2859537 - programs wont load 0xc0000005

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_wood

just thought id share i got 4 computers in this morning all with the same issue. no programs will load with error 0xc0000005. uninstalling the update 2859537 in safe mode fixed all of the machines

IF anyone knows the correlation with why certain systems are affected i will love you, i havn't looked into it much. So far my guess is my slipstreamed win 7 aio disc with march 2013 updates (unmodified msdn using authentic COA's)

update: possible updates for this issue include:

Last edited:
I believe I have that update is for Windows 7 from 8/12 (IIRC?). I can open my programs...

I will double check when I get home. Thank you for the heads up!

I had mine installed A OK
Ran Photoshop, Office 2013 and other softwares were fine.
jv2cm1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very very much. Started seeing this error on my son's computer last night and on my computer this morning. Did exactly as the OP said and now the error is gone from my computer. I also hid the update to prevent it from happening again. Will now try it on my son's computer.

PS My son's computer has been fixed too. Thanks. I checked my sister-in-law's computer running Win 7 Ultimate x64 and surprisingly she did not have Security Update 2859537. I tried to manually update her computer so that I could hide the culprit. But Security Update 2859537 won't appear. M$ must have realized the problem and removed the Update. Thanks again OP.

Last edited:
just thought id share i got 4 computers in this morning all with the same issue. no programs will load with error 0xc0000005. uninstalling the update 2859537 in safe mode fixed all of the machines

May I ask a huge favor? I write on patching for Windowssecrets.com and am trying to track down what the Oxc000005 error message is and what is causing it. I have that update installed on my machine with no issues, so I think there's some third party software (a/v maybe?) causing the interaction. Would you be willing to email me at susan-at-msmvps.com (change the -at- to @) in order to get to the real root cause of the issue?

Update: This actually happened weeks ago, but there was another update causing it that came out about a month later. I have yet to find what the computers have in common that are getting this error. I do use a slipstream win7 disc with the current updates only on many pc's which could be it. Update 2872339 is the new culprit!

Back