• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seeking GPU Stress Testing Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaspa

The Lost Pointer Sister
G'day, I'm looking for some guidance on how to stress test my GPU.

I understand about artifacts, but have no idea what software to use. Is the old Furmark still ok to use with new cards?
Can I just game for a while and see if it crashes?

What does the video card overclocking community use?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend using Unigine Heaven for stressing the GPU. It lasts longer than 3DMark, uses a single extended test, and keeps the GPU at full load for the entirety of the benchmark. There are also many times where clocks are stable for 3DMark, but not for Heaven.

+1 Mattno5

I use heaven instead of furmark, too.

@ redduc

even my old 9600GT throttles with the new furmark versions, on the hand it's nice to prevent damage, on the other hand if my card throttles down to 50% or less of my desired core clock I feel it's useless.

Heaven or Valley looping would be my choices, yep. A lot of vendors call Furmark and the OCCT version a 'power virus'.

I would recommend using Unigine Heaven for stressing the GPU. It lasts longer than 3DMark, uses a single extended test, and keeps the GPU at full load for the entirety of the benchmark. There are also many times where clocks are stable for 3DMark, but not for Heaven.

Good to know.

Thanks guys. I tried the 3DMark demo, Ice Storm made my caps squeal @ ~1200 fps :chair:

Time to download Heaven again. :)

When I buy 3D Mark, I will. :thup: The demo forces me to run all 3 benchmarks.

I tried Valley Extreme preset with the "Gamer" overclock setting in ASUS GPU Tweak, boost @ 1234 during Valley, memory is @ 7050 effective, scores around ~2600 so far, no artifacts. :D

Back